F2F mandatory in DC
IP Technology, Comrex, Lawo, Network systems
The projects that are currently being deployed deals with understanding server rack diagrams and being able to build them with little or no assistance. Knowledge of audio routing systems, encoders and IP I/O systems.
Under general supervision, this position provides multiple levels of maintenance, technical support and repair to the broadcast operations facility. Supports a combination of on-site and off-site facilities, remote broadcasts, digital transmission paths and RF systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs daily routine and emergency problems with broadcast equipment as they relate to transmission levels, signal losses, off-air interference and equipment failures.
- Installs broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards.
- Performs regularly schedule preventive technical maintenance in broadcast studios.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Associate's degree or higher in electronics, broadcast technology or related course of study or equivalent, relevant experience.
- At least 1-3 years of experience maintaining and installing broadcast equipment or other multimedia computer based systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital and IP-based routing, playout and recording systems,
- PC and MAC based broadcast and production workstations,
- Satellite receivers,
- IP and ISDN broadcast codecs,
- Telecom and networking equipment,
- RF based transmission equipment,
- Familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast facility.