Ideal candidate will be local to NYC
Job Title: Sr. Business Analyst, Programming Solutions
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long term
Contact Info: Matt O'Brien - - 201-786-2415
- Responsible for Requirement Analysis, Functional and Technical Design and Production Implementation for In House and 3rd party applications for Programming ecosystem.
- Provide detailed analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows to design and develop business and technology solutions.
- Review details of business use cases built to cover all proposed business process flows
- Work with QA team to develop test schedules, review testing plans and support unit, regression and user acceptance testing for developed business and technology solutions
- Ensures business and technical requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off by all stakeholders at appropriate stages in a project.
- Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity
- Liaising between Vendors, IT customers and Business groups to identify processes enhancements and system improvements
- Ensure that initiatives & projects are delivered on-time. Identify risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation
- Regular status reporting, including but not limited to project & support status, to IT leadership and business stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in IT
- 3+ years of experience in Programming systems within Media & Entertainment, preferably with Broadcast/Cable networks.
- Knowledge of Programming, program scheduling and finance business areas.
- Strong understanding of systems and their underlying technologies to be able to provide effective technology solutions
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
- Experience in writing business and functional requirements and use cases
- Ability to independently work with business clients to gather detailed requirements and effectively communicate the same to development teams
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
- Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
- Being able to question, evaluate and understand technology solutions
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Agile