Role: Build Release Engineer
Location: Bethesda, MD
Position Type: Contract to Hire
As a member of the Configuration Management team, you will be responsible for providing configuration management support for all development teams and business owners to facilitate build and deployment activities. Additionally, the successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the implementation and continuing support of cross platform build systems, continuous integration systems, automated testing, packaging systems, multiple branched environments, and source control integration.
Key Job Functions
- Support Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps transformation initiatives under the guidance of the configuration manager/architect.
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (e.g.: Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, etc.) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.).
- Works with development and Infrastructure Teams in developing building/packaging/deployment processes for new projects.
- Work with various IT teams to automate manual release/build related activities utilizing DevOps principles.
- Setup/Configuration/Administration of Binary Repositories like Artifactory, Nexus etc.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Minimum 5 years of experience working with Software Build and Deployments.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with Scripting/Build tools like MAVEN, Gradle, ANT etc.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration.
- Hands-on working experience with the Source Code Management tools like GIT, Bitbucket, and TFS.
- Implementation Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes using various tools like TeamCity, Jenkins/Bamboo, and Artifactory/Nexus as binary repository.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think quickly and logically to resolve issues.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.