Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
The Strategy and Planning group within National IT has an immediate opening for a Business Advisor. The role will directly support an executive and report to the Strategy and Planning Lead.
In this role, you will provide administrative and strategic planning support for an executive and a leadership team, create communications, develop and track team objectives, coordinate management deliverables, and drive performance reporting.What You Will Do:
- Provide ongoing support to senior leadership and create content for internal and external executive briefings
- Support the formulation of high priority initiatives for the organization and track objectives and key results
- Lead the preparation for all leadership team meetings and "all hands" team member meetings
- Act as key liaison amongst the officer and employees, other leaders, org functions, and/or stakeholders
- Articulate strategic information and initiatives into communications plans and correspondence for a variety of audiences and draft executive memos, status reports, and newsletters
- Support strategy execution and organizational change management through the development of a continued awareness plan
- Contribute meaningfully to forecasting, budgeting, and reporting activities during the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial management cycles
- Facilitate organizational HR processes across leadership teams, including but not limited to: annual performance evaluations, promotions cycle, training and development plans, employee engagement surveys, recruitment activities, hiring plans, workforce plans, and organizational realignment
- Coordinate maturity assessments to independently benchmark activities and functions against industry best practices and comparable organizations
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
- 3-5 years work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field.
- 3+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
- Working knowledge of National IT and the Federal Reserve System is a plus.
- Highly motivated with the proven ability to collaborate and drive activities, participates in and implement large, highly complex operating or business plans, orchestrate team efforts, and provide high quality deliverables.
- Ability to communicate / present information to all levels of the organization in a credible, confident, and influential manner.
- Ability to drive change through work and actions, with the ability to adjust well to new work structures, processes and requirements, and effectively acknowledge accomplishments and deal with issues in a timely manner.
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Full Time / Part Time
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org .
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship or three or more years of Permanent Resident (Green Card) status.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.