The Application Delivery Services organization of the Client is seeking a Technology Manager to support our Supervision and Regulation portfolio. The client is a mission driven organization directly supporting the Safety and Soundness of our nation s financial system. Within this leadership role a successful candidate will primarily support digital business strategies and drive our teams to evolve into modernized software delivery practices with agile practices. This individual will lead a team of technology professionals to integrate custom development with modern frameworks utilizing cloud delivery including SasS solutions. Collaboration with business partners and the ability to work in collaborative physical spaces will be key to success in this role.
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership in business partner facing situations as well as lead the implementation of a technology strategy with varying complexity and priority.
- Seek out and support new ideas or innovative approaches to department work processes, while considering the Client s existing culture.
- Involve others in decisions when appropriate to take advantage of their talents and skills.
- Partner with key stakeholders to influence project success and has the ability to connect technology with measurable business value.
- Question assumptions and conventional thinking and practice to continuously improve processes.
- Actively participate in, or lead, work-groups and meetings at the department, Client, or System level.
- Develop a tactical plan and ensure all department responsibilities including goals and objectives, budget targets, and performance metrics are met. Demonstrate support for, and ensures compliance with, Client and System policies and procedures.
- Attract, develop, motivate, and evaluate performance of staff.
- Provide timely and effective coaching and feedback on staff performance and development issues.
- Serve as a resource for staff through coaching and mentoring. Confront problems decisively, taking timely and appropriate actions.
- Proactively ensure decisions or any other constraints affecting delivery of projects in portfolio are effectively escalated and addressed.
- Encourage and reward creativity and diversity of thought.
- Stay abreast of latest IT technologies, applications, and industry standards by reviewing periodicals, attending seminars, and maintaining contact with local vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in field related to department functions or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires seven or more years of progressive, hands on work experience and responsibility in programming / application development, and at least five years of relevant technical leadership experience managing software development teams, including managing the complete software development lifecycle for large scale products within an agile environment.
- Strong candidates will have experience establishing software engineering best practices including code standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Design (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) approach is a plus.
- Strongly preferred for candidates to have recent experience leading technical teams to deliver large, complex cloud based solutions/applications.
- In addition, candidate must have experience with .net frameworks and other emerging computing trends.
- Ability to drive measureable results, collaboration and leadership are essential to this role.
- Looking for a self-starter with accomplished project management skills, to include organization, planning, and execution.
Advanced customer service, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a geographically distributed team environment; motivate and work through others to accomplish tasks; and build trusted relationships.