A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
New York Life Insurance (NYL) is seeking a highly-talented, driven Business Analyst to join our dynamic, high-performing team focused on modernizing the technology ecosystem and transforming our business processing capabilities that support our Institutional Life Insurance business. Our innovation roadmap focuses on eliminating points of friction within our diverse platform portfolio, simplifying our business processes, building more scalable applications, and modernizing our data strategy with a focus on implementing best in class business intelligence capabilities.
NYL is uniquely positioned for success thanks to our significant strategic advantage in insurance expertise and deep financial resources attributed to our 175-year history and AAA rating. We are looking for a highly organized problem solver that has a track record of working collaboratively with a cross-functional team to modernize, transform, and set the foundational ecosystem of the future. The Business Analyst position will gather and document requirements from business areas impacted by the program, and partner with architecture and development teams to define technology solutions.
The Business Analyst is a critical role on the team for our future state technology solution. It is an excellent opportunity for a highly-competent, driven, "team-first" professional to join an organization at the doorstep of a multi-year journey to transform an industry leading business through technology innovation. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Requirements and Experience:
- Develop business cases for specific solution features
- Collaborate with stakeholders from multiple disciplines to create alignment on how their objectives are enabled through program requirements
- Solicit business input to iteratively refine project scope to effectively deliver desired business value within aggressive program timelines
- Translate requirements into clearly defined and easily understood documents, including use cases, process flows, business requirement documents, etc.
- Partner with architects and technical leads to design solutions that satisfy business requirements and align with NYL technology principles
- Provide guidance to User Acceptance Testing teams to ensure optimal test coverage (relying on own knowledge, as well as facilitating conversations with SMEs)
- Support Business Leads with the development of a roll-out strategy and change management plan for transition to new platforms
- Partner with Business Product Owners to define business requirements and representing our business as a proxy with our technical delivery teams.
- Develop testing plans, executive user acceptance testing and document the results
- Ability to lead discussions during business design workshops to review current state and future state process re-engineering.
- Successfully build strong partnerships to work both independently and as a collaborative team player working across organizations and with cross-functional teams.
- Communicator who can effectively collaborate with others to build consensus across the teams/organizations on business requirements.
- Highly flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and managing multiple simultaneous commitments on time, on budget and with quality.
- Excellent analytical skills, independent thinking and ability to exercise prudent judgment; ability to identify problems, issues and risks, and implement solutions before they impact project and program timelines.
- In-depth expertise in Business Analysis, collaborating with Product Owners, and working with Agile practices and delivery teams.
- Minimum 4 years of Business Analysis or related experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven leadership, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to bridge / facilitate efforts between technical and business teams
- Passionate about process improvement and proven ability to creatively solve problems
- Highly motivated self-starter demonstrating integrity, initiative and innovation qualities
- Quickly learns new businesses and complex processes
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple business domains in support of projects
- Ability to partner with development teams that support various technology platforms
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Skilled in project software: SharePoint, MS Project, MS Office, and Visio.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Agile, QA, & Support tools such as JIRA, TFS, or Rally preferred.
- Knowledge of SDLC including the end to end technology delivery process
- Knowledge of SAFe delivery practices and proven experience a plus
- Insurance/Finance Industry experience preferred.
- Have or be willing to attend Life Office Management Association (LOMA) courses 1 and 2 within 1 year of hire
- Possess or be willing to obtain a FINRA Series 6 within 1 year of hire
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.