Our client located in Alpharetta is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a 6 month+ project.
• As a Business Analyst, you are to understand and assess business domain and model business environment using best practices and modelling techniques. Your role is to be a functional expert in business processes such as Audit, Tax, Finance, Customer, Supply Chain.
• You will explore, gather, and analyze business variables to understand business challenges and develop relevant user stories and artifacts to enable design, development and delivery of secure solutions meeting business needs.
• Your Agile experience is important when engaging with the client to explore and define business value to enable you to construct product backlog, create user stories, develop product roadmap, and other Agile work products to support product concept definition and development.
• With product mindset, you manage the user stories in the product backlog and maintain knowledge of IT development processes to deliver a secure and functioning product which brings value to client.
• You collaborate with internal cross-functional team of product management, business owners, Experience Design team, and Technical architects in aligning product backlog to the broader picture.
• To be effective in this role, you need to have a broad knowledge of current as well as emerging technologies with business domain knowledge in one or more industry sectors.
• Your understanding of the business functional requirements and underlying technology platform should enable you to conceptualize solution options that integrate people, process and tools to resolve business challenges in a pragmatic way.
• You will harness capabilities in COMPANY portfolios and partnerships and to contribute in winning COMPANY business pursuits.
• You will provide consulting services on product and technology options, along with system integration across different subsystems as part of the bigger end-to-end solution.
• It is expected that you will contribute to talent development where you will help to establish knowledge community and mentor Business Analysts to become Business Analysts.
• Possess deep knowledge and experience within one or more functions of the enterprise.
• Have strong business acumen with product mindset, fluent in Agile practices and values, and technically inclined on current/emerging technologies with a sense of existing or potential business usage.
• Drive business analysis and stories elaboration to enable healthy backlog. Ensure compliance with the program working agreement such as story readiness, Definition of Done (DoD), and common Agile practices (standup, planning, demo, retro).
• Participate in gap analysis between as-is processes and best practice and provide summary findings - written and verbal.
• Analyse work processes and construct customer journey mapping, service blueprint and other work products for process analysis, assessment & improvement.
• Work in cross-functional team partnering effectively with technical team, experience design team, product managers, product owners and testers to provide end-to-end solutions to the function to address requirements.
• Maintain product roadmap and standards that assure product development projects optimally align with business objectives
• Define product validation strategy to deliver products that meet system and project expectations
• Act as key enabler for organization's digital transformation and transition towards a product-based organization
• Demonstrate strong business acumen with capability to integrate various business domains to provide comprehensive business and product landscape
• Lead planning and analysis activities, and develop detailed designs
• Deliver process that supports the most efficient and secure solutions meeting business needs
• Lead the overall functional solution design and workshops in the implementation of functional solution, and provide functional subject matter expertise
• Provide guidance on solution implementation methodology and recommend best practice approaches
Qualifications and skills
• We are seeking a local candidate - primarily in Atlanta/Alpharetta areas. We will consider relocation subsidy if applicable
• Candidate is expected to travel to business sites if necessary
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in consulting services with proven ability to creatively assist client with their business challenges
• Have domain knowledge of one or more industries or sectors, with broad knowledge of current as well as emerging technologies
• Have experience in Agile framework participating directly in Agile practices and producing common artifacts
• Understand product development and delivery framework especially Agile framework, DevOps practices and micro services
• Have a sense of urgency, decisiveness, ability to work well under pressure
• Broad understanding of IT Services, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skill (written and verbal)
• Demonstrate ability to articulate ideas and present strategies at all organization levels