Our client, a NYC global investment bank, is looking to hire a full time junior Business Analyst to work in their Derivatives Group and who will focus on data warehousing and reporting projects, support and testing efforts.
THE DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Business analysis for strategic projects and enhancements. Typically involves using SQL to analyze large/complex datasets to understand business data, investigate issues, and present potential solutions
* Work with stakeholders, sponsors and management to understand and document business needs.
* Actively participate in senior management, business, and IT meetings. Capture and distribute effective meeting minutes
* Create functional and business requirements documents (FRDs, BRDs), as well as other supporting artifacts such as current and future system and business workflows, GUI, or report mock-ups. Conduct review sessions of artifacts and request approvals
* Organize and archive all project documentation into company-wide repository.
* Liaise with in-house development team to design & build solutions.
* Document QA test plans and participate in QA testing (log and manage issues)
* Work with users to document UAT test plans. Manage UAT. Track defects & resolutions.
* Work with Technology and Business teams to document production implementation & validation plans
* Participate in production support and BAU enhancements of in-house developed business applications.
* Create end-user documentation and conduct training sessions on new functionality as needed.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB:
* 2+ years of Finance, Investment Banking or Securities Industry experience.
* Experienced in client facing roles gathering and translating business requirements into technical/usable specifications for development
* Experienced creating effective documentation such as BRDs and FSDs, approved by the business and IT
* Experienced using SQL on a daily basis to analyze data and investigate issues
* Experienced in data warehousing and business intelligence concepts and tools (i.e. SSRS, PowerBI)
* Experienced in all facets of standard software development life cycle, including hands-on experience during the testing phase. Familiarity with job functions, processes and trade life-cycle in derivatives trading a plus
* Basic understanding of components of regulation is a big plus: Capital Standards, Confirmations, Clearing, Portfolio Reconciliation, industry-standard Margining and Collateralization practices and/or Trade Repository Reporting
* Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED:
* Can-do positive attitude, focus on acquiring new skills and a hunger for learning systems and business
* Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem--solving skills. Flexible mindset.
* Ability to breakdown complex business problems and workflows into meaningful components that are understandable by various levels within the firms
* Desire to organize complex information and documentation in an effective manner that will benefit the team
* Desire to improve business functions and create strategic solutions. Love of data. Ability to spot patterns, outliers and exceptions. Dig into the details, but also keep the big picture in mind.