Job Title: Sr. Business Analyst
Work Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ
Contract to Hire opportunity
The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for working in partnership with business stakeholders to understand the business need, define/elaborate the scope, document business requirements and ensure business validation. This role will collaborate with IT teams to implement business requirements through project initiatives and maintenance sprints to enable the business to drive revenue growth and/or maintain compliance.
The Sr. Business Analyst Will
- Partner with business leadership to understand business needs and implement prioritized business initiatives.
- Document high level scope used by development to estimate work effort required for new project initiatives to be presented to senior leadership for governance approval.
- Manage business expectations through prioritization, requirements, user acceptance testing and transparent communication.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and IT employees and vendor partners to deliver business commitments.
- Collaborate with multiple vendor partners to analyze requirements, appropriately distribute tasks and track progress in order to deliver high-quality products on-time and within budget.
- Champion the needs of the business and work with other BAs to line up prioritized defect fixes and small enhancements/changes in maintenance sprints.
- Conduct business stakeholder meetings and requirement gathering sessions to construct workflow diagrams and write detail specifications through iterative design.
- Work with BAs, development and testing teams to provide clarifications on requirements or issues during implementation.
- Take leadership on initiatives and collaborate with the project manager to drive projects forward.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies and participate in designing innovative, cutting edge software solutions.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, IT, other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience in a comparable role.
- Experience in P&C insurance and strong knowledge of the end-to-end policy life cycle.
- Background with policy admin system portfolio implementation experience, Duck Creek required.
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodology and Scrum are desirable.
- Ability to lead people and create a sense of team in order to deliver business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with all team members including business stakeholders and IT team members.
- Highly self-motivated, organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task on critical initiatives.
- Models Chubb values; demonstrates high integrity; meets commitments.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and accountability; sets priorities and acts on key issues.
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.