When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
The Institutional Life Technology organization is seeking a highly talented, driven insurance technology professional to join our dynamic, high-performing team focused on modernizing, supporting, and transforming our Sales Illustration capabilities that support our Institutional Life Insurance business.
This individual should have 5+ years experience supporting or using Illustration life insurance software (web-based and desktop applications) and must be skilled in communicating across workstreams, project teams, functional teams, and up to program leaders. The Business Analyst position will have a primary role as a systems analyst documenting and gathering requirements from business areas (i.e. Sales, Actuarial, Operations), but also act as a relationship manager and tester, partnering with third-party technology vendors to build and test illustration solutions for our business.
The Business Analyst is a critical role in our Technology organization supporting our new business and sales process. This position will challenge your strategic, analytic, and team-building skills, and require perseverance to overcome any challenges with delivering complex illustration solutions. It is an excellent opportunity for a highly-competent, driven, "team-first" professional to join an organization undergoing a multi-year journey to transform an industry leading business through technology innovation. This position will work as a member of the Institutional Life Technology organization and will report to the Illustrations platform delivery manager. Primary responsibilities:
- Write functional specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria based in collaboration with the Product Manager, Product Owner and business subject matter experts.
- Translate business requirements from product and business areas into functional/technical and data requirements, where necessary, that can be consumed by either the technology vendor or internal technology teams
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings to identify requirements and specifications. Owns requirement generation and documentation for the assigned project.
- Answer questions and provide clarity to technical team during development of Illustration software
- Provide guidance to User Acceptance Testing teams to ensure optimal test coverage (relying on own knowledge, as well as facilitating conversations with SMEs)
- Conduct QA and User Acceptance testing of the delivered system functionality as needed
- Partner with QA test automation team to assist in building test efficiencies and providing requirements on the appropriate test coverage
- Provide ongoing production support to end-users and track items through completion
- Assist in grooming a backlog of user stories and open production defects with product owners along with providing input into the appropriate prioritization
- Ensure that QA test cases align with functional requirements and acceptance criteria
- Document test plans and record test results in testing tools (PractiTest / JIRA)
To be successful in this role, the candidate should have prior education and/or experience within the area of Illustrations software (advanced markets, multi-life solutions, corporate / bank owned life insurance a plus). The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 5 years plus relevant experience
- Excellent analytical skills in order to examine and evaluate illustration systems for requirements where documentation is unavailable
- Strong, practical knowledge of life insurance, particularly Universal Life (UL) and Variable Universal Life (VUL) product mechanics.
- Working knowledge of Life Insurance Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 7702, including 7702A
- Working knowledge of compliance regulation applicable to variable and non-variable life illustrations
- Familiarity with various life insurance illustration software packages, multi-life COLI and/or BOLI product lines a plus.
- Experience in the Executive Benefit Market is a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate with illustration software users and development vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong excel and spreadsheet skills; understanding formulas/calcs and some VB/macro
- Strong writing and verbal skills for recording issues, and creating requirement documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively
- Knowledge of SDLC including the end to end technology delivery process is a plus
- Knowledge of SAFe delivery practices and proven experience a plus
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies a plus
- Experience using Agile and QA Tools such as JIRA, Rally, HP ALM, PractiTest
- Passionate about process improvement and proven ability to creatively solve problems
- Ability to research, make inquiries & follow a line of investigation to solve issues and document results
- Active and attentive listening skills
- Ability to function independently with limited direction
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 84252