We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
Middleware Development team is looking for a Business Analyst. In this role, you will work with both IT teams and other internal organizations to gather requirements associated with the enterprise application for desktop and mobile. The Senior IT Systems Analyst reviews and communicates business objectives and translates into technology specific requirements. The position will also collaborate closely with business and technical resources in support of various testing activities and phases. This covers creating requirements for components of the system created by internal FRB IT groups, as well as vendor platforms. This position will be responsible for leveraging advanced analytical, research and problem solving skills to define innovative technology solutions in cooperation with developers to meet business objectives.
The BSA will collaborate among the business, various vendors and other middleware team members in designing APIs that will be constructed by our onshore/offshore development team. This individual will be responsible for documenting the data exchange at the data field level with the supporting systems and work with the middleware team to document error handling, determine the number of services required and delivery timelines based on the middleware release schedule. The BSA will also support testing efforts (unit, integration and load) assisting with the set-up of test systems, data scrambling and establishing test data across platforms to enable integration testing.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep and broad understanding of Information Technology best practices and processes. Additionally a strong and demonstrated strength in analysis and support of consumer banking systems is required.
The Senior IT Systems Anaylst reports to the Digital Technologies Delivery Lead.
* Elicit, analyze, validate and manage technical requirements definition, flows and deliverables for projects. Perform this by working with business partners to understand work effort requirements and then translate into IT actionable tasks.
* Working closely with the IT team to deliver solution design documents and requirements. Partner closely with technical teams supporting data movement, application development and testing. Diligently support and lead where needed various activities between the teams to ensure the business and technical requirements and objectives are met. Ensure appropriate project documentation is compiled and proper review and approvals from respective teams as gathered and collated.
* Contribute to the the overall system(s) design. Evaluate current processes and procedures to ensure relevance and accuracy. Make recommendations for changes and keep documentation current.
* Perform as the subject matter expert on the various consumer banking systems and processes assigned. Inclusive of this is gathering a deep understanding of the data within the systems and business processes supported by the system(s).
* Build critical working relationships with the business and users communities through gathering a thorough understanding of the business models and processes employed.
* Specify and fully document application customizations that would bear scrutiny by an internal audit or external regulators
* Expert level understanding of REST/SOAP paradigm and sync vs Async integration design and architecture.
* Have strong experience in enterprise application integration including SOA, BPM, APIs, Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), Micro Services, Containerization (Open Shift Containers, Kubernetes and etc.)
* Strong analytical, problem solving and data analysis skills
* Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
* Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
* Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
DISCLAIMER: Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Must have excellent analytical skills
* Broad and deep knowledge of consumer online banking practices
* Excellent communications and writing skills
* Ability to work with data, data mapping, data modeling and data lineage.
* Should have familiarity with consumer online banking applications and associated vendor application such as Bill Pay, Cash Edge products, mobile check deposit, BSA/AML requirements and strong financial services background
* Strong skills across various databases including Oracle, SQL Server
* Proficient in software development life cycle - including requirement analysis, preparing high - level program technical specifications after analyzing business requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and troubleshooting in various capacities ranging from Team Member to a Project Leader under tight deadlines
* Experience with Agile software development methods
* Supports the process of translating business needs into formal deliverables
* Participates in design, development and implementation of Consumer banking technology platform(s) to satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements.
Proven knowledge and robust understanding of banking and payments industry and processes
* Expertise in innovation & the ability to think strategically about how to advance business-led solutions
* Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong sense of prioritization and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects / issue resolution
* A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
* Team player
* Provides extraordinary service
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel as position requires.
* May be required to lift 25-50lbs.