Principal Business Analyst
Location: Sterling, Virginia
CMCI provides management consulting and IT services that empower enterprises to achieve their business goals in today's highly competitive market. Our goal is to seamlessly integrate into each customer's organization to fully understand their business and technology needs. This approach allows us to quickly deliver high quality solutions while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction on time and within budget. By choosing CMCI, you are choosing a company that can deliver on business outcomes and mission needs in the most cost-effective manner and without sacrificing capability. As a part of CMCI's culture of loyalty and commitment to its employees, CMCI is committed to provide a tremendous career path by promoting employees to their highest potential.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities for the FDA Principal Business Analyst position include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Primary Product Owner for an application or portfolio of related applications
- Act as the primary point of contact for all communication needs during the requirements gathering phase with the customer
- Act as the SME for the business domain and conduct/manage the knowledge transfer with the testing and development teams
- Participate in analysis and design of the proposed solutions as well as facilitatating the development of multiple solution options to address the business needs
- Identify and understand customer expectations as part of the requirements gathering process
- Ensure that the proposed solution concepts align with the existing enterprise framework solution
- Work with application programmers to develop proposed solution prototypes in an iterative manner
- Prepare project documentation like meeting minutes, business process documents, and other process workflow diagrams as required
- Assist the development and testing teams during the execution phase with functional expertise as required
- Assist the implementation team in conducting the User Acceptance Testing of the developed solution
The Principal Business Analyst will have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience working with web-based applications in the areas of requirements gathering, requirements definition and analysis, and product backlog grooming
- Experience with Agile methodology, writing user stories, managing scrum calls, prioritizing the backlog, etc.
- Experience with maintaining a product backlog in tools such as JIRA and TFS
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects (if required) and good documentation skills
- Good analytical thinking skills and a team player
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in business and management, information systems, computer science, or another related field
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain FDA clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.