The Business Analyst for Business Information in the Dublin, CA Office will help to bridge the gap between the business teams and the technical teams who will provide solutions. The Business Analyst will be involved in communications with stakeholders, other team members and developers as they create the solution to business reporting and data analytic needs and problems. The Business Analyst will participate in information-gathering sessions including interviewing, requirements gathering and solution workshops. S/He will be presented with a business need or problem, have an opportunity to work with and support a dynamic team to arrive at a solution and work with the team through to the delivery of the solution back to the business community. Areas of focus include business requirements gathering and documentation, troubleshooting, user support, change management, relationship management, development lifecycle and project management activities.
- Business Analysis
- Support requirement gathering sessions
- Understand the business problem/need in detail
- Document business requirements
- Create and analyze process flow documents of diverse scope by networking with users
- Develop an understanding of the strengths/limitations of various tools and technologies in support of providing a solution
- Review requirements and proposed solution with the business and obtain sign-off
- Support the creation and review of all test related deliverables including test approach, test scenarios, test cases/conditions, test scripts and results
- Manage user acceptance testing for moderately complex projects and obtain sign-off from the business
- Support the team to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Support the company's IT capabilities and services including new projects and system implementations
- Project Management
- Facilitate meetings, issue resolution, escalation, etc. for the project team during the design and build phases of moderately complex projects
- Gather and document project status updates from responsible parties.
- Learning on the Fly
- Integrity and trust
- Customer Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- 3-5 years' experience in the Retail and/or IT field
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects forward
- Ability to follow established practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to build stable working relationships
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Very strong understanding of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to create simple to complex analytical solutions
- Ability to take an abstract analytical problem and break it down into actionable tasks
- Business Analysis experience with strong requirements gathering and documentation skills.
- Suitable level of working business knowledge
- Hands on experience with BI tools (i.e. MicroStrategy, Microsoft SSAS, etc.)
- Visio and MS Project skills a plus
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This position description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion. Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.