Business Analyst (Business Process Re-engineering) REF#:
29898 CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
CBS Corporate JOB TYPE:
Full-Time Staff JOB SCHEDULE:
Full-Time JOB LOCATION:
New York, NY ABOUT US:
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia. DESCRIPTION:
The Business Analyst will be responsible for defining, analyzing, and documenting user requirements, procedures, problems and leading joint design efforts to offer a new solution or value proposition to customers, automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated information systems. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for defining the appropriate methodologies and best practices for performing business analysis and design in the support of core organizational functions and business processes. This role requires a deep understanding of file sharing and collaboration platforms.
- Solicits client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Evaluates business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Conducts reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepares essential groundwork for the development of systems.
- Participates in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Identifies customer requirements, develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
- Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Uncovers client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis
- Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
- Provides analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understands the functions supported by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
- Provides detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Requirements analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements. Documents detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provides UI mock-ups. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
- Provides user documentation and training for the system.
- Must be available for on call support nights and weekends.
- Interacts with others in the business and IT organization.
- Works with providers of software and hardware products as well as consulting vendor service providers
- Prioritize assignments in a high visibility mission critical system
- Establish and oversee the customer's initial adoption, training and development of best practices to build a strong foundation before and during initial roll outs
- Troubleshoot issues quickly and appropriately by identifying immediate remediation, determining root cause, and coordinating long term solution.
- A minimum of three to five years of business analysis experience with previous supervision or project management experience a strong plus
- Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology
- Documented experience with SDLC methodology and process related to Business Analysis
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills
- Strategic, innovative thinking and vision
- Strong persuasion skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Solid understanding of technology
- Comfortable learning, using and explaining new technology
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience with BOX, Google Suite, or Office365 and other file sharing/collaboration systems is very desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security policies and procedures
- Undergraduate Degree required.
Preferred: EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled