Blue Canopy Group, LLC is looking for a Business Analyst in Arlington, Virginia.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) supports fundamental research and education in all the non-medical fields of science and engineering. Blue Canopy provides full life cycle IT support services to the NSF. Our team provides support activities for the entire grants life cycle at the NSF which processes $7B of grants annually. This includes managing, planning, assessing, developing, documenting, implementing, overseeing, testing and evaluating mission critical Agency IT activities.
- Leads or collaborate with Scrum Team, actively leads/participates in Story Creation, Backlog Refinement and Scrum Events (Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Retrospective, Reviews, and Quarterly Planning)
- Primary collaborator with Product Owners, Business Partners, Scrum Masters and Architects to build and define the Product Backlogs
- Perform story analysis to determine conditions of satisfaction, document acceptance criteria, and to understand the impact to other systems, projects, domains, and operational teams
- Manage the evolution of the User Story and other backlog items (includes but not limited to breaking down the stories, eliciting conversations, facilitating story refinement sessions)
- Answer ad hoc questions and provide clarification/direction to development and support teams regarding user stories and functions
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Scrum Master in Release Planning
- Provide technical support to client application teams during implementations of new services and provide subject matter expertise for support escalations
- Collaborate with the IT Communications team to plan and review customer messages on upcoming releases.
- Backfill Project Manager tasks as needed, including coordination and documentation of release deliverables such as project schedules, status reports, and presentations.
Required Skills: Detailed skills are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8+ years of direct work experience in a business analysis capacity, including all aspects of business process and requirement elicitation, documentation, and testing
- 2+ years of professional experience participating in a Scrum environment required
- 2+ years of working experience as an Agile Business Analyst required
- Agile techniques, theory & practices
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven leader
- Strong technical skills
- JIRA experience
Additionally, this individual should:
- Demonstrate strong writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Possess client and stakeholder relationship skills.
- Be highly organized; demonstrate excellent time management skills; able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Be motivated, flexible and a “team player”.
Operating at the intersection of mission and technology, Blue Canopy Group, LLC is one of the fastest growing woman-owned businesses in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. We focus on delivering outcomes that matter by harnessing the power of technology, combing governance with process improvement. We provide support to both Federal and Commercial clients in five areas: Mission Support Services, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Cloud & Mobility and Agile Development. Our core values around commitment to clients and our people drive Blue Canopy in the relentless pursuit to innovate and help our clients’ problem solve by building solutions as a team. Blue Canopy is headquartered in Reston, VA and employs over 400 highly skilled professionals.
Blue Canopy Group, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability