Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
HII - Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is seeking a Business Analyst at our US Coast Guard customer site in Kearneysville, WV.
Our team on this contract provides the United States Coast Guard (USCG) with high productivity Agile software engineering and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services that will help move the Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Technology Service Center (C4ITSC) towards its envisioned state of technologically innovative, state-of-the-art, electronic and customer centric architecture to support the USCG s mission. USCG C4ITSC develops, deploys, maintains, operates, and provides user support for USCG Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) in order to improve mission effectiveness through the application of technology.
What you will do
* Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
* Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
* Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
What you must have
* 6 years relevant experience
* Must have experience with Windows Server (preferably Windows Server 2008 and later).
* Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
* Bachelors degree
* Experience with Red Hat (preferably RHEL 6 and later) is a plus.
Experience with administering SQL Server databases is a plus.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntingtoningalls.com.
Federal Executive Order 14042 requires that covered contractor employees who work on, or in connection with, covered Federal contracts or at covered contractor workplaces may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and comply with other requirements. Covered contractor employees also must comply with agency COVID-19 workplace safety requirements while in Federal workplaces. Applicant agrees to comply with said requirements to the extent they apply to the applied-for position.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.