Angel Oak Companies, a growing financial services company in Atlanta, GA, has an exciting opportunity for an End-to-End (E2E) Business Analyst to join our Project Portfolio Management team. The team, is part of the Platform Management & Innovation team, responsible for business ownership and flawless delivery of critical business systems (e.g., Salesforce, Encompass , others), new technologies, and data analytics projects that will help Angel Oak Companies achieve long-term financial growth, expense control goals, and optimize customer experience. Key goals are to experience savings through innovation and retiring of old technology, introducing automation and digitizing our lending workflow.
A highly entrepreneurial organization that embraces a strong service-based culture, Angel Oak was named a Top 150 Workplace by the Atlanta Journal Constitution the past four years.
The Project Portfolio Management team is also responsible for managing the delivery of Services Products, Business Improvement and Strategic initiatives where key functions include:
- Program portfolio planning and management
- Business and process analysis
- Program governance and quality assurance
- PMO operations and support and delivery standards, processes, practices and tools
The E2E Business Analyst reports to the Director, Project Portfolio Management (PMO Leader). He/she is responsible for understanding the business requirements for new service and capability developments across Angel Oak business units; and then managing those requirements through the life of the program development to ensure that they are met. While ensuring that the solution contributes to a reliable and efficient end-to-end business operations. Key activities/deliverables are scope definition, assessing detailed business requirements, managing change requirements, defining customer experience impacts, testing and business continuity planning.
This role has accountability for the effectiveness and quality of business requirements gathering, management and verification work within a program. This is achieved by working with user groups to develop and define business requirements by:
- Providing leadership to the Business in Scope Definition and Ideation input; ensuring that solution options achieve business outcomes, and that the business impacts are understood and factored into requirements gathering and development plans.
- Capturing End to End Business requirements: recommending direction to the business based on the cost/benefits trade-offs as this is done.
- Performing Requirements traceability through monitoring the evolving solution design and clarifying or asserting the Business need to be fulfilled in the solution with internal or external parties.
- Manage change to requirements within programs; ensuring impact analysis is complete by other program members.
- Analyze and review alternative solutions and provide input to Business areas on the most appropriate solution.
- Ensuring affected Business areas understand the solution and that their operation can support the project Business case. Guiding the customer towards accepting viable and valid solutions and ensuring final solution supports the stated Business benefits.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Test Strategy; support test case development and incident impact analysis.
- Verify requirements through user test case development and incident impact analysis and seek approval of user acceptance testing.
- Disaster Recovery Deliverables: Review, Update and/or develop Business Continuity deliverables as part of the program.
- Assure application of relevant standards (regulatory, legislative, internal and operational); and that these standards are reflected in their requirements deliverables on the programs to which they are assigned.
- Ensuring delivery of high value requirements.
- Ensure incorporation of structured Customer Experience framework; reportable and measurable Customer Experience program KPIs agreed and defined up front which flow into Product KPIs.
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely documents as required in program lifecycle.
- Ensure the facilitation of workshops, in conjunction with the IT and its business stakeholders to gather, manage and verify IT and non-IT requirement delivery and integration of IT and non-IT solutions.
- Prioritizing Work Load.
- General staff management and adherence to company policies and guidelines in this area
- BS degree (MIS, business, finance, Operations, computer science or related field) or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst developing requirements that impact multiple systems and functional areas.
- Practical knowledge of a variety of Business Analysis tools and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of the complete project management lifecycle and solution design.
- Experience in cross-system data integration (mapping data from multiple sources to another).
- Experience in design or redesign of process flow.
- Strong commercial acumen, including development of business relationships resulting in the delivery of cost-effective solutions.
- Experience working in matrix organization structure.
- Exposure to Business Process Re-engineering.
- Experience working with outsource vendors.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage a substantial workload.
- Experience in Financial Services, with emphasis in mortgage banking/lending – highly desirable.
- Certified Project Manager with demonstrated experience in Project Management – highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of financial modeling and/or budget management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Angel Oak Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.