Job#: 1282980 Job Description: Job Description
In this position you serve as an experienced Business Analyst in an Agile/Scrum environment to develop ServiceNow software applications. You will support a federal customer to work with stakeholders to understand and document business and system requirements and processes. You will perform business process analysis activities with the user community to define and document end-to-end business processes.More about the Role:
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of system requirements, in the form of user stories.
- Establish relationship with business owners and stakeholders to identify and consult on business needs.
- Translating business requirements into user stories, use cases and technical requirements.
- Clearly communicate business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with the ScrumMaster to establish Project Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Release cycles resolve impediments, and provide direction on scope of work to be accomplished.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, product owner and the development team during the development lifecycle to ensure project objectives are met.
- Review and evaluate work completed by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
- Lead product demonstrations to stakeholders and report on the results of each software iteration.
- Assist with software testing to ensure acceptance criteria of user stories have been met.
Optional Requirement & Nice to Haves:
- Ability to attain DHS EOD
- BA + 10 years' applicable experience, AA + 12 years' applicable experience, MA + 7 years applicable experience or 16 years' experience
- Experience with functional decomposition of large business needs into multiple layers of requirements and user stories.
- Demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of business objectives into requirements for a product backlog to be implemented in a series of short and iterative development cycles.
- Ability to understand the day-to-day operational needs of customers and identify areas for improvement in business processes and proposed solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Agile software development methodology.
- Ability to work independently on a complex task with little direction and management oversight.
- Working knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
- Experience with software testing
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Certified Business Analysis Professional
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org