Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combining governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy Group, LLC is looking for a Mid-level Business Analyst to support a federal Financial Services Client in Alexandria, VA.
* Interacting across the team and with clients on a daily basis to perform technical requirements validations for new and existing development.
* Support both business requirements and testing activities.
* Leading and facilitating requirement gathering sessions and will be responsible for creation of new requirements (technical/non-technical) and updating existing requirement documents.
* Creating new test scripts and updating existing test scripts and other testing documentation.
* Conducting functional and integration testing.
* Researching production support issues for Tier 2 and Tier 3 support and will act often as the first line of communication to help desk and customer questions and issues.
* Involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle as changes and enhancements to the system are implemented.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* 4+ years working as a business analyst on application development projects, must be very organized, detail oriented, proactive and willing to "pitch in" on any activity, while remaining flexible with continually changing priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple requests, prioritize appropriately, multi-task and track them to completion.
* Experience in working with IT systems with minimal documentation, understanding system functionality and efficiently gathering/documenting requirements for future enhancements.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Experience in developing executive level briefings that illustrates technical information for non-technical audience.
* Must be able to ensure that business needs are properly interpreted and translated into application and operational requirements.
* Ability to communicate complex IT requirements with all levels of audiences.
* Experience in leading and facilitating individual interviews and group sessions with all level of audiences.
* Experience in writing IT level requirements specifications (Software Requirement Specifications).
* Experience in writing Test Plans, test scripts and other required testing artifacts.
* Experience building use case, work flow, process flow and system flow.
* Experience with various development methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Computer Science or business related degrees preferred.
* Proficient with MS Office Suite and SharePoint.
* Experience supporting different types of implementations including: enhancement/support projects, new development projects, system retirement initiatives and third party package software.
* Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Clearance Required: US Citizen - Must be able to obtain a "Public Trust" level
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health care, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability