Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combining governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy is currently seeking a Full Time Senior Business Analyst to provide onsite support in Washington, DC.
* Provide functional advisory application support
* Employ proactive and strategic approaches to design to cultivate synergies between standards, models and methodologies
* Attend requirement gathering meetings
* Capture & write detailed requirements documents for activities related to supporting the applications
* Establish strong working relationships with architecture, developers and management resources to ensure that delivered functionality exceeds customer expectations
* Support troubleshooting, testing and training activities, to include test cases for user acceptance testing
* Provide system demonstrations and walkthroughs to include functional review boards and customer forums
* Prepare training materials for new functionality to be used by end-users
* Utilize the Program's Ticketing System to create and capture the details pertaining to a defect, change request or tasks
* Update Requirements Matrix with new approved functional requirements
* Provide detailed descriptions of any and all potential problems capable of impacting the project work or completion schedule with planned remedies to mitigate the potential problems.
* Conduct analysis and audit of Program Resources, Financials, and Schedule
* Continuous monitoring of action items including monthly report of impact on project/programs
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* 5+ years of experience analyzing business and functional requirements
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience developing business process flow diagrams and Use Cases to support functional specifications
* Ability to utilize out-of-the-box critical thinking to ensure the solution being delivered challenges requirements so functionality is optimized and requirements are streamlined
* Hands on experience compiling requirements matrix that captures detailed functional and technical requirements for activities related to supporting the application and cloud platform
* Experience participating in daily scrum, sprint planning, testing, retrospective and sprint reviews
* Ability to provide detailed descriptions of on-going and planned project activities
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience providing descriptions of tasks accomplished during the week, as well as a detailed description of any and all problems that have occurred during the week and the corrective action needed to rectify the problem and preclude reoccurrence of the problems
Clearance Required: US Citizen - Must be able to obtain "Public Trust" level clearance.
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income