Business Analyst REF#:
26598 CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
CBS Corporate JOB TYPE:
Full-Time Staff JOB SCHEDULE:
Full-Time JOB LOCATION:
Riverside, NJ ABOUT US:
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia. DESCRIPTION:
The Business Analyst will be responsible for defining, analyzing and documenting, user requirements, procedures, problems and leading joint design efforts to offer a new solution or value proposition to customers, automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated information systems. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for defining the appropriate methodologies and best practices for performing business analysis and design in the support of core organizational functions and business processes.
- Solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Evaluate business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Conduct reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepare essential groundwork for the development of systems.
- Participate in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Identify customer requirements, develop test schedules, review testing plans, track and document the development and results of these plans.
- Alert manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Uncover client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis
- Ensure requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
- Provide analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identify areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understand the functions provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
- Provide detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Requirements analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements. Document detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplement use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provide UI mock-ups. Lead design discussions and identify design options.
- Provide user documentation for the system. Create curriculum and provide classes for user training.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience, required.
- Project management experience, a plus. Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.), including order to cash functionality, a strong plus.Experience with WMS (Manhattan Associates, High Jump, Oracle, etc.), a strong plus.
- Solid understanding of technology including web-enabled n-tier architectures based on Unix and Linux, Java, Oracle.
- Documented experience with methodology and process related to Business Analysis.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
- Very strong results with people, thought, leadership and communication skills.
- Strategic, Innovative thinking and vision.Good Negotiator.Strong business acumen.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Solid understanding of technology.Experience in the Media industry, a plus.
- Team Leadership experience, a plus.
#Dice EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled