The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding and documents business requirements and converting requirements into technical specifications. Business Analysts define business rules, allowable values and expected behaviors. Business Analysts document acceptance criteria and clarify functionality for developers.
* Document meetings, create PowerPoint decks, maintain project schedule, etc.
* Develop test case scenarios for functional, system, user acceptance and regression testing as appropriate for the initiative/project.
* Develop and finalize all assigned artifacts and perform as the primary point of contact for all application requirement elicitation needs
* Ensure adherence to quality standards for artifacts, templates, and quality assurance verification
* Recommend and assist on/recommend actions to improve existing artifacts, templates, management plans, and business processes.
* Coordination of project level risk, issue, action items, and decisions (RAID); regular follow-up on open items
* Document standard operating procedures for PMO processes
* Research into and contribute towards new PMO capabilities
* Provide business operations support as needed
* Assess business operations and processes to identify inefficiencies in procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and ways in which systems supporting these can be enhanced
* Employ structured modeling techniques and tools to describe business functions, processes, information and technology designs
* Define, design and author project business, functional and technical requirements
* Develop and maintain system and functional test plans that adequately test the defined requirements and functions
* Document As-Is and To-Be process flows for existing and future systems
* Coordinate and facilitate meetings such as business process reviews, requirements, and various status reports
* Organize, facilitate and lead workshops.
* Capacity to study current state business process and apply creativity in defining future processes
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* At least 3+ year of demonstrated experience with requirements solicitation and project support
* Proficiency with Microsoft Visio for flow charts/process flows version 2003 and higher -
* Strong experience in writing clear, compelling and understandable business cases, proposals, and other documents and presentations in a "customer facing" way
* Ability to communicate with both business clients and technical resources with significant subject matter expertise
* Mastery in both Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint)
* Prefer business analysts with at least some limited project management experience as well as strong technical editing capabilities
* Must be a self-starter and have experience working multiple project tasks simultaneously
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
* Ability to relate tactfully and professionally with customers at all organizational levels
* Highly organized, energetic, creative, passionate, team player
Years of Experience: 1+
Certifications: Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
So why work for CoStar Group?
Our culture of innovation and excellence attracts and encourages the best and brightest in a broad range of disciplines, which makes CoStar a fun and supportive place to work. CoStar Group-s benefits plan ranked among the top 10% of employers nationwide. Besides generous pay and performance-based incentives, the company also provides a 401(k) with company match. We support our employees- professional and academic growth with internal training and tuition reimbursement.
With a state of the art in-house gym and healthy snacks in every kitchen, we were recently recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence with their Seal of Workplace Excellence and their Health & Wellness Trailblazers award. Our 10-point commuter assistance program, which resulted in traveling 4.8 million fewer vehicle miles and saving 242,000 gallons of gasoline per year, also recently won the Commuter Connections Incentive Award!
At CoStar Group we believe in working hard and playing hard. While we take our work seriously, we make plenty of time for fun. Join the team and check out our fleet of loaner bicycles and Segways to take a break. Give back to the community and participate in the CoStar Builds service program. Restore and rejuvenate with onsite yoga classes or in our state of the art gym.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing