CSBS Business Analysts (BAs) are responsible for working closely with business units throughout CSBS to gain in-depth understanding of CSBS*s business strategy, processes, services, and information needs to identify changes that lead to business improvements. Working within a matrix IT team, BAs support a wide range of products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
* Works with business partner to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs
* Clearly articulates and documents business requirements
* Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands
* Manages ongoing relationship with business partner to drive satisfaction with IT
* Coordinates project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions
* Obtains key inputs from enterprise architecture teams and identifies solution interdependencies to include integration planning, dependency management and business process mapping
* Engages with design team to incorporate usability and user interface needs when designing systems
* Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues
* Negotiates contracts, manages relationships, and monitors vendor performance against SLAs
* Supports testing by reviewing test plans and scripts for completeness and accuracy
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor*s degree in Information Technology or related field and a minimum of three (3) years business analysis, requirements analysis, software development, or testing experience driving and leading multiple medium to large-scale cross functional projects (or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience) in a multi-vendor, outsourced environment.
* Demonstrated experience writing statements of work and evaluating vendor proposals
* Demonstrated technical proficiency performing system analysis, modeling and testing
* Knowledgeable of project management principles
* Knowledgeable of software development life cycle methods, including Agile
* Strong listening skills
* Ability to write in clear manner
* Organized and detail-oriented, able to track and work on multiple projects at once
* Consultative working style, able to effectively interface with various levels of leadership
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* General office that will involve long meeting periods from time to time
* Some travel required