Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Mesa Arizona
Duration: 9 months plus assignment with direct client
The Government Solutions business is looking for a Business Analyst for its AXSIS software platform. AXSIS is the platform on which all Government Solutions’ roadside events are brought in house, processed, passed to enforcement agencies (EAs) for review, printed, mailed, paid, and adjudicated. Given the criticality of this platform, the Government Solutions business is continuing its business-as-usual work within the platform, but also making a strategic investment in modernizing the platform to build new capabilities. The Business Analyst will play a key role in creating a vision for and in defining requirements for the platform.
- Understanding within problem solving and writing stories (TFS or other tools) within application assignments
- Comfortable working within isolated environment as team is built out
- Take ownership of assigned applications.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the optimal design and delivery of solutions.
- Research, create, and manage business needs, requirements, and cost/benefits.
- Create and manage a backlog of requirements and roadmap for assigned applications.
- Create documentation for applications and features to assist with training.
- Manage and communicate application updates to stakeholders.
- Play a leading role in Agile software development team:
- Lead requirements gathering effort with stakeholders.
- Participate in all scrum ceremonies.
- Groom the backlog to decompose and estimate stories.
- Create mockups.
- Answer questions from developers to clarify requirements.
- Demonstrate the latest iterations to end-users.
- Prepare and distribute release notes.
- Monitor and assess application adoption and performance.
- Manage application issues, fixes, and enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in related field
- Equivalent years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Previous participation in large-scale strategic and multi-faceted projects with a proven ability to meet delivery deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Experience interfacing with all levels of an organization to communicate status, escalate problems, frame opportunities, and guide decision making
- Ability to work in teams and to work independently with minimum supervision.
- General consulting skills, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, adaptability, demonstrated initiative
- Experience with Agile methodology and the product owner role
- Previous Business Analyst experience
- Creating use cases and business process diagrams
- Gathering and documenting business and technical requirements
- Creating wire frames, and building functional designs
- Experience with business cases
- Experience with process flows and Visio
- Ability to lead JAD sessions, interviews, or equivalent methods
- Hands-on business process and requirements analysis including documenting as-is and designing to-be business processes.
- Validate business requirements and design specs align and acceptance criteria is covered by test cases
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) (preferred)
Thanks & Regards,
Siddhartha Das (Sidd)
Digital Intelligence Systems (DISYS)