The Business Analyst performs functions to support and develop functionality for applications in direct support of operations; these include projects upgrading user interfaces of web based applications and supporting backend processes of Mainframe applications. The Business Analyst will work directly with business units, team members, external vendors, and occasionally clients. The Business Analyst will be responsible for resolving problems and completing enhancements to a variety of applications. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for multiple small to large projects throughout the year. Project responsibilities will include documenting business and functional requirements, system, process, and work flow design, test cases and developing solutions according to business objectives.
• Works directly with business owners, Application Development, and Testing resources to document and formalize detailed system requirements.
• Internally develops or works with clients and 3rd party partners to develop and deploy project solutions/support (e.g. upgrades, configuration changes, etc.) per business requirements.
• Functionally understands and works to have expert knowledge of applications of which the role is responsible.
• Participates in production support, issue resolution and change control management activities.
• Interprets existing IT controls environment and applies to existing and proposed processes to ensure compliance.
• Correctly prioritizes support issues and resolves in a timely manner.
• Maintains a positive and professional attitude when dealing with co-workers.
• Ability to successfully communicate with multiple levels within an organization and facilitate understanding of processes and issues from a business perspective.
• Effectively work to gain credibility from the business by: acting with integrity, promoting trust and respect within the project teams and continually managing change across the effected business unit.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Five years’ experience as Business Analyst
• Financial Technology experience
• Able to work independently
• Problem solving skills when working in a high pace environment where priorities change quickly
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or Operational related experience.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations in order to obtain their buy in for solutions/projects and ensure final acceptance of said solution/project.
• Knowledge and work experience throughout all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Knowledge and work experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Experience coordinating system upgrades and enhancements for one or multiple problem fixes at the same time across multiple environments (non-production and production).
• Experience with web based and Mainframe applications.
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with Cloud implementation