One of the core skills of Business Analysts is requirements management. Developing solutions to solve business problems or improve existing processes. It begins with eliciting, defining, analyzing and documenting the needs of the business or the company. In this role you will act as liaison and a lead facilitator among internal stakeholders to gather, analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements and business methodologies. You will create and maintain detailed workflows and other presentations, as needed, and will always look for ways to improve the current state of matters.
In this role you can look forward to:
- Creating business design specifications to meet requirements defined by the Product Manager.
- Facilitating, researching, modeling and defining requirements for product and services.
- Bridging business requirements from the end user, to functional implementation of technical solutions.
- Acting as the interface or “translator” between the business and technology functions of the company.
- Using planning, stakeholder analysis, risk assessment, interface analysis, writing skills and user experience.
- Proactively communicating on all areas of responsibility on project related items. Ensuring team members, extended teams and your resource manager are aware of any issues, risks or concerns that may impact projects, clients or team member activities. Taking ownership of your application(s) communications to maintain an open regular dialogue with all parties involved.
- Maintaining a strong awareness of how the tasks created interact with other tasks, and deliver all dependencies on time and accurately.
- Developing design specifications to follow company standards, development methodology and conventions.
- Interacting with other departments in a positive, constructive manner in order to accomplish tasks and overall job responsibilities.
- Promptly completing administrative tasks as required such as time reporting, project status tracking and billable requests.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field preferred; or
- Equivalent work experience and/or Associate Degree may be substituted if applicable to job responsibilities. Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Banking background with 5 years+ of experience
- Precision product knowledge preferred
- Agile experience preferred.
- MS Office Suite and strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Significant troubleshooting/problem solving experience