Grapevine Technology is an Information Technology recruiting firm focused on quality candidate placement with high profile client companies. Our client in New Haven, CT needs a Business Analyst.
Works with business partners to align technology solutions with business strategies. Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business areas to resolve problems, assess current state vs. future state and perform gap analysis on an ongoing basis. Supports several complex business processes. Works as a team member on multiple projects. Serves as liaison between business departments, external partners and Business Process Support to analyze, document, test and coordinate implementation of technical solutions that meet business needs. Provides consulting and analytical support to all internal customers and external partners with respect to business analysis, government regulation compliance and information system modifications and enhancements.
- Reviews and provides critical evaluation of information related to business departmental administrative and system procedures to resolve complex business and processing problems. Recommends procedural and business process workflow changes and improvements and program modifications to improve system accuracy and efficiency. Elicits requirements based on business needs analysis using various methods.
- Assists in business process redesign and documentation as needed for new or changed technology using standard templates. Translates high-level business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to those functional specifications. Documents traceability of changes from business requirement through system change through test results.
- Aids in product and procedure research, analysis, estimation, testing, and implementation.
- Identifies and analyzes production problems and assists programming staff with resolution.
- Aids in plan and table set up and implementation of pertinent system support files, as needed.
- Coordinates, prepares and executes test plans. Validates and records test results.
- Collaborates with Team Leader or Manager to assist in the development of documentation standards; leads or participates in research assignments investigating business and technology issues; recommends methods or procedures that maintain both financial and data processing systems integrity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of life and annuity insurance products, business rules and IT systems and capabilities.
Systems and Technical Knowledge:
- Ingenium, Life70 and AWD is a plus.
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expertise with insurance application packages is a MUST.
- Proven track record of full end-to-end participation in SDLC and JAD processes is a MUST.
- Experience with financial, data management or CRM systems is a plus.
Education: BS or BA with emphasis in computer science or business administration.
Experience: Candidates should have at least 5 years related insurance industry. Accounting and finance experience is also nice to have but not required.
Licensing / Certification: FLMI and/or CLU is a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via Dice.com.
No sponsorship available. NO TRAINING VISAS. NO THIRD PARTIES. NO CORP to CORP.