Business Analyst Role and Responsibilities
The environment is primarily an operational environment that is supported by web applications developed with the Microsoft Windows .NET framework using C#. Our work entails ensuring that the environment meets the organization’s operational needs and the documentation for various applications is complete and comprehensive. The documentation includes: user guides, pocket guides, quick reference charts, briefing materials and operational support documentation. The analyst support ensures that the documentation enables effective support and utilization of the application. The analyst typically assesses the operations and recommends methods for improving assistance and guidance to the users in the utilization, operation and maintenance of the various applications. Often the analyst must generate and update on-line context-sensitive help, comprehensive user manuals, system administration guides, and operations and maintenance manuals for these applications. The analyst provides a key communication link by evaluating options and integrating end user online forums, blogs and/or wikis as determined by the need and the audience.
The candidate analyst will have experience in all aspects of business analysis support and software functional testing including:
· Working with functional users to identify, prioritize and document requirements;
· Supporting operational functions and coordinating activities supporting mission essential functions;
· Identifying methods for assisting and guiding users in the utilization, operation and
maintenance of various applications to include generation of on-line help, user manuals, etc.
· Review and analyze existing applications in order to develop and/or update detailed
· Delivering service and support to end-users using and operating web applications;
· Providing recommendations for design improvements such as the replacement of developed modules with COTS tools.
· Interacting with customers to provide and process guidance in response to process reviews, inquiries, concerns, and requests;
· Gathering customers’ information and determining best business responses concerning issues by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
· Following standard processes and procedures;
· Identifying and escalate priority issues;
· Providing business analysis and documentation support to maintain situational awareness and visibility into process execution;
· Accurately processing and documenting customer interactions; · Preparing and executing functional tests to assure system suitability;
· Working with software developers to analyze and correct system faults;
· Offering alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of improving business processes;
· Organizing ideas and communicating with teammates and stakeholders using oral and written documentation;
· Preparing, execute, and interpret the results of software tests.
· Providing quality control through utilization of a bug tracking system.
· Identifying, developing and implementing methods for improving help and end user reference documentation.
· Providing guidance to other team members through the entire system lifecycle
· Staying current with system information, changes and updates.
Halvik offers a competitive full benefits package including:
Company-supported medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD insurance
Benefits include 10 federal holidays and PTO.
401(k) with company matching
Flexible Spending Accounts for commuter, medical, and dependent care expenses
Charitable Contribution matching
Halvik Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.