JR32909 Position Description:
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.Position Responsibilities\Requirements:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers - banks and retailers - so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round.
Our team is fast paced and fun. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career in our team means challenging yourself to always be better. Job Summary
FIS is seeking an Intermediate Business Analyst to join the MPS Development team in support of the FIS Merchant Acquiring Business. This team enables merchants to accept debit and credit card transactions from their customer base. This Business Analyst will be focus on the front end of the process, working to gather requirements from and facilitate communication with the merchants. This person will join a Scrum team in the Toronto office. General Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
- Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
- Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/return on investment.
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities
- May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
- May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
- May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Required and Preferred Skills:
- 4 or more years of Business Analyst experience in the financial services industry required; experience working in Payments and/or Merchant Processing is highly preferred
- 1 or more year working in an Agile environment required
- Proficiency in MS Office, Visio, MS Access required
- Proficiency in Jira for defect tracking and other functionality required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management individual contributors, required
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem0solving, interpersonal, team customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills required
- Technical ability working in a C/C++ environment is preferred
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in business analysis, process modeling, and financial analysis. Possesses solid knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach and direct the work of junior business analysts. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment with broad implication to the business. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years business analysis experience.