• Drives the interpretation of business objectives and system scope from the stakeholders to the developers; provides input on scope management and resolves issues related to the impact of changes to scope.
• Recommends improvements to processes or technical solutions to resolve identified gaps or underlying issues. Reviews artifacts and final requirements and obtains final endorsement from stakeholders.
• Works with developers, stakeholders, and senior management to coordinate resolution of issues related to functionality that does not meet intended requirements.
• Negotiates commitments by facilitating communication between developers and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
• Compiles metrics and reports on progress of requirements development to project team. Provides thought leadership on business analysis approaches and provides mentoring to junior staff.
• Applies excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., agile, RUP, waterfall, scrum) to deliver functionality. Understands complex technical concepts.
• Associate’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
• Three to five years business analysis experience with elicitation, defining scope, creating documentation, and collaborating with technical staff.
• Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Internet, and e-mail programs.
• Strong analytical ability.
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
• Broadened nature of interaction to consult and make sound recommendations.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships and offer strong customer service.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong meeting facilitation skills.
• Completion of business analysis training courses and progress toward business analysis certification preferred.