IBM Application Innovation Center in Baton Rouge has immediate opportunities for Business Analysts. The Business Analyst translates client requirements into technical requirements and recommends a total IT solution. This role documents and analyzes requirements from a business perspective; defines current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client and the IT Architects to ensure proper translation of business requirements to IT solution requirements. IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. Business Analysts may also deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, reporting, data analysis, dashboards, and application design and management to our clients.
The IBM Services Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge, LA center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel a minimal 50% of the time. No remote opportunities exist.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 8 years of experience working as a Business/Reporting Analyst
• 1-2 years experience writing User Stories and Epics for custom Software development in an Agile environment
• 3 years experience with Excel and Microsoft suite (Word, Powerpoint)
• 1 year of significant IT programs development or design experience or equivalent
• Professional software development work in an Agile environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff
• Able to fluently speak and write in the English language
• Experience leading teams of 3 or more
• Analytic, creative and business focused problem solver
• Experience gathering, documenting, and communicating user requirements
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.