MedAllies is an innovative, rapidly growing national health information service provider, advancing the use of health information technology within and across multiple care settings and stakeholder groups. We focus on clinical practice and health system transformation, connecting providers and developing software which enables thousands of healthcare providers and organizations to provide efficient and effective patient care.
MedAllies enables providers to securely, accurately and instantly transfer vital clinical information in support of clinicians, improving the care and outcomes of their patients. MedAllies provides solutions that facilitate collection, secure transmission, and reporting of this critical clinical information by providing expertise, implementation support, and pricing models to address the major barriers for physicians in application and meaningful use of health information technology.
The Business Analyst's primary function is to serve as a single, consistent point-of-contact for software development and product releases. This position will work with our internal and external business customers as well as 3rd Party vendors. The analyst will coordinate with internal team members such as IT management, software engineers, software test engineers, operations and managers, and project managers on product development and support issues.
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Utilizes excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Liaises between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with vendors and clients. Acts as primary liaison and facilitates communication between MedAllies, vendors, and clients regarding Direct implementations and operations.
- Monitors the development process for new releases. Tracks development, QA, customer testing, and production progress.
- Develops and maintains thorough knowledge of MedAllies Direct and Mail Solutions.
- Effectively and accurately communicates relevant information to the clients, vendors and technical team. Presents information in a professional and non-threatening manner, especially in high stress situations.
- Partners with Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders to revise technical records requirements to ensure alignment with specifications.
- Continuously monitors data quality, integrity and compatibility.
- Identifies areas for improvement and documents updated workflow and processes.
- Conducts technical systems analysis to ensure all requirements are being met. Develops and applies auditing procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience in a technical/business environment.
- Medical/Healthcare industry experience (familiarity with PHI or HIPAA)
- Experience with Direct Messaging, HISP, HIE, and EHR
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in health information technology.
- Two to three years progressively more responsible related work experience necessary in order to gain understanding of application data systems, operations, quality assurance processes and business analysis skills
- Experience with client/server architectures and the basic function and process of computers, software applications, and computer technology
- Must have experience with application administration and well versed with SDLC.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks and challenges
- Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Minimum three years of experience as an IT business analyst.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Customer service oriented
- Heavy analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- Ability to learn internal business process and translate that information for the development teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong team player who can work effectively with other internal and external parties.
- Research skills to keep current on related technologies and their impact on standards, codes and educational content.
- Strong organization skills and extreme attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with aggressive timelines
- Ability to analyze complex data, interpret results, and write validation reports
- Experience working as a team with clients, providing technical expertise and support through compiling documentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, Project Management Software, and Atlassian products (JIRA, and Confluence)