Business Analyst_Data Analytics
6 month contract (with probable extension)
Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT support for the organization’s Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company. A robust engagement model with business ensures prioritization of the business requirements & focus on delivery. The application landscape encompasses a wide variety of In-house, Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, etc.,) which meets the business needs of the orgranization’s departments. The Technical landscape is continuously updated & some of the core technologies include Oracle, Java, .Net, Alliance/SWIFT, Documentum, SharePoint, MS Exchange, C++, and many others. A plethora of IT Risk Management & Quality Assurance products are also used for an enhanced value of Service delivery.
CIT is seeking an analyst who can support the organization’s Search team in the information management and data analytics space as the team looks to maintain current systems and innovate for the future with new text analytics and search technologies. We are looking for a highly motivated and versatile candidate who can demonstrate relentless attention to detail and who can communicate with non-technical clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Play a leading role on the organization’s Search team, focused on information management and data analytics
• Review and analyze text and data in content sources for information classification rules and work closely with the technical team towards adding them
• Create requirements definition documentation and functional specifications, including use cases and business process diagrams
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members, as appropriate
• Assist in execution and development of functional test plans
In addition, position may include the following:
• Organize and facilitate requirements elicitation, business process analysis and review meetings with business users and stakeholders of information systems being developed
• Document in detail system processes in diagrammatic and textual format
• Assess overall project requirements, business needs, pain points, and areas of process improvement
• Create and maintain requirements documentation for information systems being developed, including business analysis models, functional specs, use-case models and use cases
• Use software tools for maintaining repositories of requirements documentation
• Gain an understanding of existing systems' functionality, compare current/envisioned business processes to system functionality, and document gaps
• Participate substantively in testing the functionality of systems being developed to determine whether requirements captured and approved are being met
• Master's degree preferably in Library Science, Information Science, Computer Science, Information and Knowledge Management, with 5+ years work-related experience in search, information architecture, data mining, and/or library environments
• Client Understanding and Advising Looks at issues from the client's perspective and takes action to ensure client satisfaction.
• Learning Orientation Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area and the broader industry.
• Broad Business Thinking Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long term implications of decisions for the client.
• Analytical Thinking Gathers and links data.
• Business Function Knowledge Assesses the needs of primary business functions.
• Business Process Knowledge Defines routine, integrated processes.
• Business Requirements Analysis
• Strategic Relationship Interacts with clients in order to identify opportunities that meet organizational, operational and technological needs.
• Lead and Innovate Brings new and different insights.
• Deliver Results for Clients Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
• Create, Apply, and Share Knowledge Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG's body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions.
• Make Smart Decisions Leverages available data and makes timely decisions.
Other Selection Criteria:
• Solid knowledge and understanding of information management and or search operational practices, including the relevant databases and technologies.
• Experience with technology tools like Teragram is an added benefit but a proven ability to learn and adapt to new technology systems a necessity
• Proficient in information retrieval skills, particularly in using search engines, information databases, internet services, and library sources
• Ability to mine and analyze search logs and other databases to analyze essential search statistics like zero results, clickthroughs, popular queries, etc.
• Work closely with the technology and information architecture teams to provide valuable suggestions on improvements and missing content based on analytics
• Strong and proven experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, traceability matrix, etc.
• Excellent communications and writing skills for functional and technical documents.
• Strong experience in developing test cases to ensure full coverage of requirements.
• Strong communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to advise and train users in the use of complex systems/applications and effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear, concise style
• Experience with facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge capture and follow-up.
Taxonomy;Text analytics and mining; Search metadata and relevance;
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 100,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.