Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Business Analyst (BA) to support the Biometrics Program utilizing their analysis skills to guide stakeholders though the business requirements and project management life-cycle. The BA will be responsible for mapping approval flows, document processes, requirements gathering, task execution, and delivering well defined processes and practices.
• Coordinate communications and meetings among stakeholders, including technical teams, vendors, business stakeholders, and management. Ensuring all are aware of actions required, decisions, outcomes, timelines, etc.
• Document requirements as user stories with supporting diagrams, example data spreadsheets, and other helpful materials.
• Analyze trade-offs of different approaches, capture notional timelines, and build buy-in among stakeholders.
• Coordinate progress of technical teams -- often multiple teams per project -- and ensure administrative requirements are met (e.g., funding forms) to begin and sustain progress.
• Drive progress on projects by uncovering risks, tracking issues to resolve, identifying critical decisions needed, and determining next steps.
• Excellent verbal, presentation and facilitation skills, written communication skills and collaboration experience with both business and technical audiences
• Create project progress reports for Executive Leadership, identify and articulate program risks and resources constraints
• Ability to analyze current and future state for systems and recommend strategic options for accomplishing goals
• Supports launch of new biometric systems and assist in establishing training environments
• Ability to manage and respond to requests for information with respect to biometrics and identity
• Experience organizing and facilitating meetings with key stakeholders to monitor progress and address impediments.
• Experience with launching of new systems; organizing logistics for technical kit delivery; providing ad hoc troubleshooting support
• Experience preparing technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Ability to work independently with self-motivation and critical thinking abilities
• Proficiency with MS Office products including PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, and SharePoint
• Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
• Understanding of biometric concepts and principles
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A298.