Business systems analysts analyze requirements and solve information problems. They study PRIMMA computer systems, design computer programs and recommend system protocols and controls to help PRIMMA run more effectively and efficiently. They work with the business and information technology groups to understand their needs and limitations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with PRIMMA business units to document business requirements and use cases for new systems and for modifications to existing systems and ensures communication of same with development staff.
- Uses project management principles and tools to develop, execute and monitor multiple small to large scale system development/implementation projects. Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Liaises with PRIMMA business units, IT technical staff, external vendors and project team members to develop, execute and monitor small to large scale system development/implementation projects.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Designs and develops test plans/matrices/criteria and manages testing of system deliverables.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience across Property & Casualty/Malpractice insurance operations
- Familiarity with Delphi Technology's eOASIS system a plus
- BA or BS in business or technical field; applicable certification and/or experience considered
- Technical skills include: Oracle PL/SQL, MS office, SAP BO report writing
- Experience in Salesforce, Pardot, Web services API, Tableau a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly interpret and relay information in a professional manner
- Strong project planning and management skills required
- Strong ability to gather, organize, analyze and present data
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines