Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Sterling, VA
Type of Employment: Full Time
Salary: DOE + full benefits
"As of June 17, 2016, we ranked 7th as one of the Washington Post Top 150 Workplaces"
An REI BA materializes customer's wishes by helping the customer know what they really want opposed to what they think they want. We need you to be ready to contribute in a fast paced, solution oriented, agile environment. At REI, we're looking for a BA who’s done the impossible so many times, it's second nature to them!
As a BA at REI, you'll work with some of the best-known government agencies, such as NASA, HRSA and DARPA, you'll even have the opportunity to work with State and local government!
You can be an Business Analyst anywhere, but at REI your analysis is transformational. You'll have the chance to work with some of our Influence the solution at the company that was ranked 7th in 2016 Washington's Post Top Workplace.
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
You should be a highly motivated, self-driven, experienced professional. You will work closely with clients to elicit and understand business needs, define requirements, and develop prototypes for the proposed solution. You will be challenged and expected to work in an agile team environment. Your effectiveness is determined by the quality of your participation, which includes, idea generation, creativity, problem solving, documentation and communication abilities. As the Business Analyst, you will study existing business processes, programs and/or legacy systems in their native environments and perform a comprehensive analysis of existing problems and understand the areas for improvement. One of the key responsibilities of this role is to thoroughly understand the business process and propose solution concepts that can address and meet the stated business needs. You are a partner to our clients and as such expected to understand their mission and how we can make an impact!
Your day to day:
• At customer system functional reviews, you will facilitate reconciliation of differences voiced by the customer with those in the system proposal reducing scope creep or impacts to the delivered system’s quality.
• In the office, you will contribute in analysis and design of the proposed solutions while facilitating the development of multiple solution options to address the business needs.
• At system implementation meetings with test engineers and developers, you will ensure both teams understand the customers functional and technical requirements so the desired customer features are what is built, reliable and delivered.
• You will also Identify and understand customer expectations as part of the requirements gathering process and act as the primary point of contact for all communication needs during the requirements gathering phase with the customer.
• At customer status meetings, you will ensure that previous customer program decisions are reviewed, new ones are recorded with stakeholder participating to maintain program focus of extended efforts and continuity if customer or company personnel changes occur.
• You will prepare project documentation like meeting minutes, business process documents and other process workflow diagrams as required.
Other responsibilities you will have:
• Act as the SME/assistant to the SME for the business domain and conduct/manage the knowledge transfer with the testing and development teams
• Assist the development and testing teams during the execution phase with functional expertise as required
• Assist the testing team in performing functional testing during the execution phase
• Assist the implementation team in conducting the User Acceptance Testing of the developed solution
• Assist the project manager/project lead with project closeout activities
• Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in business and management, human resources, information systems, computer science, or another related field
• Master’s degree in related field may be substituted for three years’ experience
• Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience
45335 Vintage Park Plaza Sterling, VA, 20166