Sapiens International Corporation (NASDAQ and TASE: SPNS) is a leading global provider of software solutions for the insurance industry, with a growing presence in the financial services sector. We offer integrated core software solutions and business services, and a full digital suite for the property and casualty/general insurance; life, pension and annuities; and reinsurance markets. Sapiens also services the workers’ compensation and financial and compliance markets.
Our portfolio includes policy administration, billing and claims; underwriting, illustration and electronic application; reinsurance and decision management software. Sapiens’ digital platform features customer and agent portals, and a business intelligence platform. With a 30-year track record of delivering to more than 400 organizations, Sapiens’ team of over 2,500 operates through our fully-owned subsidiaries in North America, the United Kingdom, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
For more information: www.sapiens.com.
Position – Business Analyst
Location – Denver, CO
The Business Analyst operates under limited supervision, conducts business process analysis, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analysis to align technology solutions with business initiatives. Develops business specifications for technical personnel. Conducts analysis of business goals, objectives, and needs of the business environment. Makes recommendations to improve business processes. Utilize systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective manner. May provide financial or operational business analysis and research to support business goals.
The Business Analyst is accountable for understanding the business environment and processes to be able to derive practical business-system solutions as related to the specific goals of the project. The Business Analyst must ensure that all aspects of the business need or problem are correctly reflected in the solution developed by the solutions team. The development and quality assurance teams will rely on the judgment and expertise of the Senior Business Analyst for all business process-related questions arising from the development work and subsequent testing.
- Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex business process problems or to propose solutions for these problems to StoneRiver management and to clients
- Applies industry knowledge and expertise to guide client in business and process decisions
- Leads business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefits analysis to align IT solutions with business initiatives
- Plans, schedules and leads collaborative requirements elaboration sessions with the client’s business users
- Defines and documents clear and concise business requirements that describe business scenarios and processes in language understandable to both technical and domain stakeholders
- Captures business requirements using Change Requests, Storyboarding, Use Case Modeling, etc
- Tracks project scope through careful requirements management
- Works with development and quality assurance teams to schedule requirement reviews.
- Provides input to and review of estimates at each phase of a project
- Produces output documentation and provides guidance to users as appropriate
- Works as the liaison between client stakeholders, project team members, software engineers and quality assurance personnel
- Identifies gaps, project and service opportunities and future enhancements to strengthen our industry presence, meet client needs and seek revenue opportunities
- Facilitates or participates in periodic sales support: demonstrations, preparation of RFP response, gap analysis studies
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience in the Workers’ Compensation or the Property and Casualty industry and/or equivalent experience with other policy, claims or billing applications.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science and/or related field; related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to set, drive and achieve deliverables
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong domain expertise in functional areas and lines of business relevant to StoneRiver’s strategy such as Solid commercial, personal lines or workers comp rating and underwriting is required.
- Strong knowledge of Use Case modeling
- Must possess a strong knowledge of the P&C or Workers Compensation insurance industriesWorking knowledge of business modeling, requirements and analysis & design disciplines of overall iterative software development life cycle
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate business concepts to both technical and end users
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio)
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server and/or DB2)
- Experience with XML for data presentation and communication
- Ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing
- Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Capable of using a keyboard effectively
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 25 pounds
- May require the ability to drive a vehicle
- Travel: Requires up to 50% travel based on client needs. Must be available for travel and on-site work at the customer site. Flexibility with regard to availability for travel, based on project and customer requirements, will be necessary.
Employee must perform all of the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
Sapiens is an E-Verified & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.