We have a Financial Services client in downtown Chicago searching for a Business Analyst. Initially a 6 month project that can be remote based. We need someone proficient with SQL, Agile and comes from a financial services background. This does have a high chance for extension in duration. All applicants must be local to the Chicago area.
- Engage with Business and technical partners to identify, develop, document, and validate the business requirements
- Advice and support Product owners to prioritize and shape the product backlog and sprint backlog, using agile practices
- Facilitate all backlog refinement meetings and work with Product owners to ensure all stories covered in refinements are updated and ready for the team to review.
- Create, update or review all requirements and perform gap analysis
- Interpret and research information on various design documents
- Work with product owner to provide scrum teams with defined user stories and business-motivated acceptance criteria
- Assist and supporting team members with their work where required(example support team with manual testing when needed)
- Facilitate meetings at multiple levels of an organization and have a deep understanding of facilitation techniques
- Be the liaison between lines of business and the development team, and work with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborate with teams
- Proactively support the uplift of agile practices and champion the culture of continual improvements
We are looking for a smart, communicative, experienced team member who can understand the our client's business and can operate in an environment transitioning to Agile.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 Years’ experience
- Strong decision-making skills that allow the team to take action
- Strong communication skills within written and oral communication and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated advance ability to operate using analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Experience with tools that aid teams (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Drive, Collaboration tools), including knowing how to streamline or optimize tools.
- Knowledge of agile approaches like Scrum, Safe, Kanban, XP, waterfall