SpinSys, recently named DCInno’s Coolest Companies 2016 Finalist, builds some of the most sophisticated cloud-based system integrations and business intelligence software in the world. With a contemporary office environment that has won architectural and design acclaim, we work in a 25,000 square foot office space that features height adjustable sit-to-stand tables, restaurant style booths, couches, a nap pad, an amazing game room with the latest console games, an on-site gym, and a 22-foot fully-stocked kitchen bar to socialize around. And that’s just the beginning of our well rounded package of benefits. Learn more about our unique culture at jobs.spinsys.com.
SpinSys is seeking to hire a Business Analyst to assist a software engineering team engaged in the DC area. The location will be Falls Church, VA, with some remote work possible.
- Support agencies by analyzing propositions and assessing decision-making factors such as strategic alignment, cost/benefit, and risk.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to define product approach to meet the specified user need.
- Define skill requirements and map internal, agency, and external (partners/specialist contractors) resources.
- Work with the owning agency to ensure they have the budget to cover the proposed approach and resource requirements during delivery & analyze what provision they have for ongoing running costs.
- Analyze and map the risks of this product approach and propose mitigation solutions.
- Define how the predicted user and financial benefit can be realized, and how channel shift will be measured.
- Make a recommendation for action against the analysis completed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-7 years in Business Analysis.
- Experience in leveraging web based Agile tools such as JIRA.
- Have solid experience working in an Agile Environment using user stories, participating in stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement meetings, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives.
- Experience working in a highly iterative environment consisting of short feedback loops to deliver incremental product progress up through delivery.
- Familiar with a range of digital/web services and solutions, ideally where open source and cloud technologies and agile development methodologies have been applied.
- Strong understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and business requirements for cloud based systems is a plus.
- Understating of 508 system requirements is a plus.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience working in an agile environment and supporting agile teams leveraging methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Working experience with DOD and Department of Navy (DoN) a plus.
- Understanding of how to draft business requirements.
No contractors or third parties please. EOE/M/F/D/V. We participate in E-Verify.