Position: Business Analyst – Senior
Location: Boston, MA OR Quincy, MA
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months + renewable
Spruce Technology is a mid-size and rapidly-growing Information Technology services firm headquartered in New Jersey. An award-winning firm (Inc 5000, Smart CEO) with a steadily growing portfolio of commercial and government clients, Spruce Technology provides innovative technology solutions, specialized IT staff, and IT strategy consulting nationwide.
Spruce Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, pregnancy, race, creed, color, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Experience 8-12 years experience in Solution, design and hands on development of web applications using Java EE, JBoss Server. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience.
- Expert in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Java and UML Extensive use of Eclipse (commonly used plug-ins and debug techniques).
- Expert in OAP, REST services specifically Apache CXF
- Experience in using Java frameworks – Spring or similar frameworks, and JQuery.
- Experience in developing both web- and mobile-based projects.
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, JSP
- Servlets, Struts, Web services, Spring, Hibernate, Java Script and AJAX. Integration experience using Web Services/SOA and EJB preferably on JBoss platform
- Expert in tuning all tiers of applications on JEE platform
- Strong backend experience to develop Data Layer using at least one of the frameworks
- such as Hibernate, JPA, etc. Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Provide production support that includes evaluating defects, investigating cause and coming up with solutions to address defect.
- Experience in AGILE based project development.
- Experience with Oracle, Unix Shell script, Stored Procedures, Complex SQLs tuning.
- Experience with eligibility rules engine is a plus.
- Health and Human Services domain experience is a plus.
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot DTA midrange applications code using JAVA,XML, and HTML, etc. Develop, maintain and update program code as needed to address issues and defects.
- Research, analyze and document reports, batch, and web based processes.
- Test programs and program changes by reviewing and/or preparing test data, conducting test runs and reviewing input and output data.
- Consult with Business Analysts for clarification of needs and analyzing requests for new systems/programs or requests for maintenance to determine feasibility, input/output procedures and required systems output.
- Write test plans, task lists, and status reports to comply with agency standards and as required by Unit Manager/Supervisor/Director.
If interested, please forward a current copy of your resume with contact information to (Durga/ / dashok AT sprucetech DOT net)