Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.Location
Yarmouth, Maine | RemoteTravel
- Assume ownership and responsibility of all software program modifications, interfaces and data utilities during development phases including, but not limited to, specification, development, testing, documentation and delivery.
- Travel to client sites as required, with the possibility of up to 10 days per month depending on contract specifications and client modification requirements.
- Analyze client needs and articulate detailed specifications in formats that the client, development staff and third parties can comprehend, obtaining the appropriate client signoffs.
- Conduct client events such as on-site visits, client phone calls and web presentations to facilitate the development process.
- Assist in resolving client schedule conflicts and project or job delays related to modification and data utilities.
- Use internal tools such as SharePoint, ONYX and JIRA to track, document, schedule and monitor milestone dates as well as for posting of notes and attachment documents and files related to the modification or service.
- Maintain skills necessary to analyze, discuss, test, document and deliver all Professional Services jobs.
- Create and maintain an accurate schedule and calendar of all relevant Professional Services activities.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Professional Services team such that an assigned developer and the overall team achieves its revenue goal.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or computer science, or comparable business experience.
- Two or more years' experience with Tyler products in a development, implementation, technical support or similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Professional and positive attitude is required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast-paced technical environment.
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.