Acts as a partner with the business to facilitate and implement technology solutions. Responsible for writing system requirements that will ensure the technology solution will meet the needs of the business. Leverages appropriate technical resources. Requires a high-level understanding of systems, industry and end-user requirements. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgments and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities.
- Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed.
- Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes recommendations.
- Provides support for application development teams including documenting business processes.
- Translates technical concepts to the business audience and business information to a technical audience.
- Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions.
- Partners with team members to develop project schedules, reports, and documentation. May be required to act as a project lead on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on the team.
- Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize requirements into a prototype.
- Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue tracking, and change management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related degree and seven (7) years of relevant experience or a combination of education, training, and experience.
- Financial Services experience highly preferred.
- Data mapping experience is preferred.
- May work in a team environment or project room to facilitate collaboration.