Business Analyst Location:
Miami Beach, FL Work Requirements:
, Holders or Authorized to Work in the USOverview:
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Business Analyst in Miami Beach, FL Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a closely related field. Or an equivalent combination of course work, experience and training in computer systems concepts and design.
- Minimum, 5-year Business Analyst experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with solving business problems and, as needed, designing technical solutions.
- Interface with project customers and work closely with subject matter experts (SME) in the business unit, and all roles in information Technology ("IT").
- Support the IT Project Manager and work closely during the roll-out of said project(s).
Capture, translate, document, and communicate business user requirements that are comprehensible to:
Our benefits package includes:
- Non-technical subject matter experts and potential end-users of proposed solutions
- Technical staff including developers, software architects, and information security
- Management and executive staff
- Procurement staff
- Ability to perform requirements analysis with a variety of departments, including but not limited to: Finance, Human Resources, Public Safety, Building, Public Works, Communications, etc.
- Document real-time to capture information delivered from department stakeholders and produce deliverables such as requirements analysis, meetings minutes, project charters, and more.
- Ensure that there is a thorough understanding of the system and solution sought including:
- Current business process and technology in place
- What problem the business is trying to solve
- Expectations and what success will look like
- Deliverables upon completion
- Solution's impact to the existing environment
- Testing plan and project closure
- Create workflow diagrams (preferably using Visio) to illustrate current business process and future proposed business process.
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to create context diagrams, data workflow diagrams, business process diagrams, essay format solution descriptions and other artifacts typically used in system/solution design.
- Comfortable and effective performing whiteboarding exercises with business units/departments.
- Demonstrates ability to be assertive and take control of a meeting, to keep it on track.
- Ability to find common ground within conflicting requirements, in order to build a final consensus from all clients and stakeholders.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills, and interpersonal soft skills.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in building rapport and relationships with peers, staff and management in more senior roles, including executive management.
- Well organized with the capability of recognizing good processes to complete the work required for the project.
- Ability to follow Project Management Office standard operating procedures.
- Be comfortable with a growing team, by contributing enhancements and improvements to everyday processes.
- Comfortable in communication regarding negative implications of business user requests and decisions and able to provide alternative options when required.
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Requirements gathered are clear and well communicated.
- Participate in the development of creative approaches to problem solving.
- Assigned to projects that are both internal and external customer facing.
- Strong technical translation skills, ability to develop and communicate a joint vision for the project.
- Comfortable engaging in highly technical conversations.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure, including networking, databases, ERP systems, etc.
- Assist in identifying metrics and KPI's for various business areas.
- Comfortable with data analysis and visualization using Excel, Power BI, or similar tools.
- Experience using Microsoft Project and/or Project Online.
- Experience with Project Management Methodology, including waterfall, agile, and scrum.
- Familiar with Business Analysis Certifications including IIBA, PMI-PBA. Certification preferred, but not required.
- Familiar with Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification. Bonus if PMP Certified.
- Comfortable taking notes during a meeting in electronic fashion using Microsoft OneNote, Word, or other similar technology.
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.