The University of Virginia seeks multiple Business Analysts. The Analyst role will support multiple efforts to transform current state finance business processes to UVAs new financial system (Workday). The individuals in this position will have the opportunity to grow their skills by participating in complex and diverse financial systems efforts and engaging with multiple stakeholders in order to deliver the desired outcomes. This position collaborates across all functional areas to understand and document business processes and partner with system implementers to translate requirements into the new system.
The individuals will provide a needed bridge and understanding between current technologies and business practices that utilize legacy tools, Workday HCM and any future tools considered within the context of UVA Finance Strategic Transformation (FST).
FST is a comprehensive transformation initiative that includes culture change, business process improvement, and the implementation of Workday Financial Management. Reporting to the FST Organizational Change Management Workstream Lead, these individuals will support the top priority initiatives within the UVAFinance organization.
Collectively UVAFinance is responsible for accounting & financial reporting, payroll services, financial planning & analysis, student financial services, procurement/accounts payable, financial outreach & compliance, and treasury & risk management functions.
The UVAFinance team recently adopted a vision to become the valued and trusted financial partner that the University community turns to first. The FST Business Analyst is integral to achieving this vision; they will be the face of the project, working closely with stakeholders across the university community, as well as working closely with other FST team members across multiple UVAFinance functions. The Business Analyst must represent the UVAFinance core values: to be (1) an impeccable source of information; (2) a collaborative partner; to provide (3) service excellence and (4) innovative action; and to lead (5) valued, high-performing teams.
This position is initially limited to the duration of the project, currently estimated to be December 2022, with the potential for extension based on individual performance and organizational needs.
This position offers the potential for remote work, with the requirement of occasional attendance in person for key project milestone activities.Job DescriptionOverview of Responsibilities:
Service Delivery & Management:
- Elicits and documents business process and role design requirements, reviews and communicates impact assessment and assists in the identification of gaps, both in the business processes and in skill requirements of staff to successfully execute future state work.
- Completes hands-on functional and technical project activities.
- Will need to quickly develop a detailed understanding of new software features, demonstrate and explain key product features, document processes, provide knowledge transfer to the support team.
- Brings a customer service orientation and willingness to challenge and improve processes.
- As a member of the Organizational Change Management team, engages with key stakeholders, assesses readiness needs, and supports training function to enable users to be successful in adopting new functionality.
- Reviews and supports the modification of finance policies impacted by the transition.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manages development of design documents by collaborating with process owners, gathering business requirements, creating functional specifications, and identifying, documenting and resolving design issues.
- Tests configured solutions, problem-solves issues and coordinates enhancements.
- Takes an institutional perspective; proactively develops approaches to systematically capture, gather and leverage data to solve business needs.
- Supports the development of finance related policies and procedures for work within the FST team as applicable.
- Facilitates making decisions with an appropriate pace, striving to increase velocity and communicate transparently at both the executive and tactical level.
- Exhibits a high level of attention to detail, analytical acumen, intellectual curiosity, and creativity.
- Excellent ability to adapt and learn new technologies and solutions quickly.
- Effectively manages time with minimal supervision.
- Manages multiple efforts while working under pressure to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Creates timely, practical and tangible solutions with limited information showing if needed multiple alternatives to meet user needs.
- Analyzes data to draw business-relevant and objectively determined outcomes.
- Develops needed process documentation to sustain improvements.
- Understanding of stakeholder change management frameworks and how to apply them to large, complex environment.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, MIS, or related discipline.
- Experience:At least three years of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience developing business requirements, user stories, functional designs, process maps, user test plans and training materials associated with business process and technology solutions.
- Experience in business systems analysis for large, complex projects.
- Experience utilizing modern large scale ERP systems.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives or programs.
Additional Job Description
- Experience: Previous employment in a university environment. Experience with Workday Financials and/or Oracle EBS
- Competencies: You take ownership. Actively seeking opportunities to optimize processes and improve efficiency.
- Youre communicative and comfortable working in a collaborative manner within a diverse environment, you quickly build good working relationships.
- You are resilient and flexible. You seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
- You are thoughtful and intentional. You always think multiple steps ahead. Before asking questions, you prepare your own answers, even if they are just first draft thoughts.
- You are resourceful and practical. You are able to take different kinds of input, then quickly and effectively sort out action plans.
- You are an effective communicator. You are an especially astute listener and you pick up subtle cues that others may miss. You are effective in your spoken and written communication. You can be diplomatic, firm, gentle, and even pushy when you need to be to accomplish the goal.
- You are empathetic and a keen people reader, observing constantly to determine peoples motivations and concerns, you understand how to leverage change management techniques in order to make the needed forward progress.
- You have demonstrable capacity for discretion and for handling confidential information with care.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You can demonstrate your capacity to produce business correspondence, program plans, status reports, professional presentation materials, responses to requests for information and input, and other documents and electronic communications.
- You have a strong ability to work independently as a productive member of a team, under pressure of deadlines/timelines, and within the context of understanding demands placed on the people that you are collaborating with.
- You have creative problem-solving ability, with the capacity to negotiate solutions and reach consensus.
- You are flexible and resilient, reacting quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You develop a strong commitment to UVAFinances mission and goals.
- You possess a high level of emotional intelligence and people skills, with an emphasis on resilience.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $75,000 - $90,000 commensurate with experience.
This position will remain open until filled Review of Applicants will begin Insert 9/27/2021. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding and performance. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Daniel Strong at email@example.com
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.