VariQ offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! VariQ employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide. Be part of a growing innovative and cutting-edge company. Become a leader for our growing team of software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
The selected candidate will support Agile Application Development technologies and capabilities in the areas of software development, systems engineering, integration, and test of software applications and infrastructure. This effort will support the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
* Location: McLean, VA
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: must be able to obtain a DHS/USCIS EOD Public Trust clearance
* Available: within 30 days
* Perform as primary point of contact between the user community and the software engineering community in formulating specifics for automated information systems development or acquisition.
* Provide technical direction for performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to ensure problem solution and user standards.
* Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major system installations.
* Prepare milestone status reports and deliverables/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives as required.
* Provides project management and project support in the form of technical writing, configuration management, quality assurance, technical training, data architecture and DBA support.
Must be able to pass a DHS Suitability clearance
Minimum 4 or more years' experience with:
* Exhibiting a visionary architecture mindset.
* Experience as a Business Analyst or in a role involving requirements definition/analysis, systems analysis/design, or system/software testing.
* Demonstrated strong analysis skills and the ability to make critical business recommendations
* Strong organizational and communication skills.
* Experience in Agile.
* Possess an exceptional customer service attitude, be dependable with a great work ethic, show demonstrated initiative, and display ownership of issues.
* Ability to successfully work in a fast paced, changing environment.
* Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly.
* Previous consulting firm experience
* Software development experience
* JIRA experience
* Agile experience desired
* USCIS experience preferred
* Experience with DevOps teams preferred
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a Government Agency Suitability Clearance.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Business Development