Premier Insurance Company in Manhattan is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to provide analysis and design for large scale Commercial Insurance / Property & Casualty applications. Role will require direct interaction with senior executives and stakeholders to make this project a success. Commercial Insurance or Property and Casualty experience is a must. This is a open ended contract with definite full time conversion opportunity possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzes and documents business requirements.
• Identifies and resolves production and/or application development problems.
• Reviews project request describing user needs.
• Studies existing data handling systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
• Specifies in detail: logical (e.g., business rules) and/or mathematical operations (e.g., rating algorithms) to be performed by business applications (i.e., software) and business practitioners (e.g., underwriters).
• Estimates time and cost required to accomplish project.
• Leads and/or attends specification meeting with project team workers to determine scope and limitations of project.
• Configures solutions using high level toolsets (i.e., web site builder, report writer, and business rules engine).
• Planning, conducting, and documenting system (integration) testing.
• Supporting user acceptance testing.
• Preparing user documentation / guides.
• Planning and conducting user training.
• Manage a project team of internal staff members and/or an external vendor (or their staff).
• 5 to 10 years of prior professional experience in information technology, minimum of 3 years in a business analysis position, and 1 year as a project leader.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
• Expertise with the following: web site builder, report writer (Business Objects preferred), and business rules engine (InRule preferred).
• Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities and meet challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Exceptional organizational skills and great attention to detail.
• Extensive commercial property and casualty insurance industry experience, especially policy administration systems (i.e., rate, quote, bind, issue).
• Mastery of systems development lifecycle methodologies (including Agile SCRUM), techniques, and tools (Jira and Confluence preferred).
• Mastery of all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and Project.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Experience in working with and managing off-site consultants and vendors.