Job Title - Business Analyst (with Waterfall Exp)
Job Role - Long Term Contract
Job Location - Atlanta, GA
One of our direct client in midtown Atlanta, GA is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Business analyst. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team responsible for ensuring the quality of the corporation’s important and highly visible projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing, defining, documenting system requirements for complex, high profile projects. The candidate will act as a liaison between management, developers, quality assurance and the business partners. The successful Systems Analyst professional should be proactive and must possess strong analytical and communication skills
4-yr College Degree required, preferably in appropriate field of study, mathematics, engineering or computer science
- Solicits business requirements through interviews, site visits, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Conducts reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepares essential documentation of processes
- Alerts manager/team lead to potential risks and issues of importance
- Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project
- Provides detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Requirements analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements. Documents detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows
- Provides UI mock-ups. Leads discussions to review design options
- Interacts with others in the business and IT organization.
- Troubleshoot issues quickly and appropriately
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in capturing, analyzing and documenting business requirements
- Ability to capture requirements with efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail on a consistent basis
- Ability to independently facilitate workshops and conduct interviews to gather pertinent information with groups of stakeholders on medium to large-sized projects that span multiple functional areas and teams
- Ability to interact professionally with executives, managers, subject matter experts and development teams
- Experience in documenting requirements using the following:
- Use Cases
- Activity Diagrams
- Domain Models
- Experience creating screen mock ups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to decompose high-level business and user functions into requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on those requirements, ensuring adherence to project scope
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for requirement activities
- Document requirements using the right level of detail for the Development and Quality Assurance teams.
- Work with and participate in Quality Assurance testing to review and execute test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and build consensus with various internal business partners.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership.
- Knowledge of HP ALM or HP Quality Center
- Knowledge in managing software development
- Familiarity with railroad business
- Business Analyst Certification (CBAP), Scrum Master Certification (CSM) is a plus
- Innate curiosity about users, processes, and systems.
- Understanding business process modeling (includes logical modeling and business process modeling)
- Awareness of software Integration points and the technology and/or systems used in the organization.
- Understanding of project management methodology (basic framework, phases, artifacts, process, and project funding)
- Understanding of quality/testing methodologies
- Ability to observe and model the current and proposed workflow for complex projects involving different teams and business processes
M: 770-284-9470 | F: 678-528-5071
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.aaaglobaltech.com
7000 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd | Bldg. 11 , Suite 301 |Atlanta , GA – 30328