About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Business Consultant
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Serve as a collaborative partner to the Supply Chain Business Function with a specific focus on Distribution, Transportation and Logistics domains facilitating strategy, planning, communication, and value realization. This role will interface highly with other Business Relationship Managers, Business Consultants, Enterprise Architecture, Finance, and Solution Development. In collaboration with these teams, the Business Consultant (BC) will identify process and technology solutions in key strategic business initiatives and support creating the portfolio of approved projects (i.e. the road map). The Business Consultant will be responsible for understanding the business, assisting in the prioritization of project, ensuring that projects align with the technology that provides maximum return on investment and value, and directing IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy. The business consultant is expected to demonstrate leadership and collaborative expertise to establish strategic direction and significant depth of technical, business and financial expertise in business technology solutions, as well as deep understanding of customer processes and business operations. Additional responsibilities include soliciting and managing customer satisfaction with IT solutions, engaging cross-domain and intra-domain resources to deliver seamless, high quality technology solutions to business partners.
The business consultant role builds a true partnership between IT and the Business Function it supports. It leads the effort to shape technology services that align to the strategic direction of the business and facilitating the delivery of value to the Business Function from IT investments. This role has a true understanding of the Business Function it serves, specifically its strategic direction, underlying processes, required outcomes and corresponding pain points.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Business improvement planning
Develop the IT roadmap by judging the appropriateness of new IT strategy, developments, applications and processes and advising the business and IT on potential improvement opportunities to deliver simple to use business processes and systems in line with the business and IT-strategy
• Builds relationships to become trusted advisor, based on Business-IT knowledge and competence.
• Identifies and capture short, medium and long term business goals and opportunities utilizing business and technology best practices.
• Works with Business and IT to develop an improvement strategy and approach fitting into the overall business and IT strategies.
• Defines a high level improvement plan, included required investments in order to achieve these goals.
• Aligns scope and timelines of the proposed IT projects with the Business and other IT functions
2. Business improvement plan execution
Launch and deliver initiatives in the agreed business improvement plan, in order to achieve the business benefits in line with the business and IT strategy.
• Identifies, understand and prioritize business needs and challenges and set more detailed scope of projects.
• Develops rational for change and support setting of priority (clarify benefits case, identify business success criteria).
• Identifies and understand change impact and risk. Propose actions to mitigate the risks
• Develops and obtain approval for investment proposals in conjunction with business and other IT functions.
• Member of program/project steering committee as accountable for IT organization during definition, initiation and execution of the projects.
• Stakeholder management, manage business expectations on which business and IT jointly will deliver.
• Tracks how benefits are achieved and how they evolve over the life cycle of programs and projects
• Communicates the benefits realization of completed projects to business and IT stakeholders
3. Business requirements management
Work with the business and with IT to translate the business' needs into detailed IT requirements.
• Ensures business requirements are translated into functionality of existing or new IT systems in conjunction with the IT Architecture teams.
• Assists the business in judging how the business would be able to adjust to functionality in IT-systems not meeting the original requirements.
• Assists the business in judging how additional features in IT-systems can be used to further improve the business.
• Ensures the right IT functionality to enable Ahold's business strategy during delivery phase
4. Continuous improvement
Contribute to improving the IT organization by attaining and applying profound knowledge of the business domains, the current and future IT landscape, as well as the skills and competences needed to attain and apply this knowledge.
• Acquires, document and share relevant knowledge of business processes and business requirements to match with IT solutions and vice versa.
• Develops and maintain ways of working, a toolkit, for a business consultant, to be used for accomplishing results. (Eg. Workshop facilitation, business process management, business cases)
• Spreads own competence and skills and best practices to other team members and within the broader IT community.
#Dicejob Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor/Master degree (e.g. Business Administration, IT Management)
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
Skills and Abilities:
Good English (word and writing)