You’ll report directly to the VP, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery responsible for the coordination, assessment, development, maintenance and implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans that minimize the financial, operational and reputational impact and to support the resumption of operations in the event of a disruption. Identifies and conveys planning gaps which place our organization at risk. Ensures the business continuity and disaster recovery planning efforts are aligned and compliant with the planning guidelines established by the risk management stakeholders.
Leadership is a key component of this position. In terms of leadership, you’re the kind of person who has:
- Change Leadership Abilities: Mobilizes the organization to effectively and efficiently implement change.
- Resilience: Easily adapts leadership style to best fit a wide range of situations and people.
- Visible Leader: Present self as a visible and approachable leader throughout.
Major Responsibilities (high level and daily summary of what the position requires):
- Expectation is to provide the global or regional strategy for developing, implementing, and testing our plans and strategies for mitigating impacts to significant business disruptions.
- Develop business models for process improvements, digitized resiliency capabilities and monitoring tools.
- Key focus is on creating partnerships with program stakeholders in our lines of business, IT, support areas, and client service teams to ensure program awareness and accountability, and that program risks are properly identified and remediated.
- Analyze opportunities for process improvements and enhancements to systems and processes.
- Collaborate closely with developers internally and externally to implement requirements and provide guidance during test phases.
- Tracks progress of each recovery project, issues encountered and follow-through to resolution.
- Work with technologists to ensure that all critical business functions can be resumed within defined timetables and acceptable risk factors.
- Monitors and reports on all planning activity and statistical results to senior management and financial regulatory agencies to ensure corporate regulatory and audit compliance.
- Assist in developing and implementing real-time monitoring capabilities to capture business operations/markets and transaction information.
- Produce ad hoc data and reports in support of business incident management and impact analysis.
- Lead business requirements design, use cases, test plans, user stories, data analysis and interdependencies.
- Knowledge of data management concepts including data modelling, architecture and governance is preferred. Advanced knowledge of excel required.
- Experience in developing test plans, executing test scenarios.
- Develops, implements, and maintains more complex processes to ensure continual operations in the event of disaster or interruption of information processing services. Consults with individuals throughout the organization on the recovery process.
- Evaluates the business recovery plans for recovery weaknesses and recommends necessary modifications to ensure regulatory compliance and the ability to recover vital business.
- Contributes to the definition of standards, processes and procedures to be used in the recovery from a disaster or an extended interruption of information processing services.
- Manages the development of corporate business recovery plans and testing to ensure the corporation can respond to any major interruption to its critical business.
- Assists in the development of contractual agreements with recovery vendors for all entities of the corporation.
- Works with business units to develop and ensure effective business recovery plans that allow critical business functions to be resumed within defined timetables and acceptable risk factors.
- Educates users on the corporation’s business recovery planning software and recovery methodology.
- Monitors and reports all planning activity and reporting statistic results to senior management and financial regulatory groups to ensure corporate compliance for regulatory and audit.
- Keeps abreast of industry-related disaster recovery processes and evaluating the effectiveness of implementing changes to existing practices. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Continuous monitoring of significant business disruptions to our environment globally or within the assigned region of responsibility. Role may have staff and expectation is to coach, support, and mentor staff as needed.
- Developing and implementing improvements and efficiencies in all areas of the program (BIA, plan development, testing, simulation exercises, incident monitoring/detection/triage, risk identification and remediation).
- Analyze enterprise functional areas to identify points of vulnerability and recommends mitigation strategies.
- Assist program stakeholders with development and maintenance of plans including assessment of potential business impact and definition of critical, time-sensitive functions.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required (science or engineering)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business/disaster recovery required
- Possess knowledge of all technologies relevant to responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituencies, including senior executives.
- Strong analytical framework and advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Access, and PowerPoint) skills required
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- CBCP certification is preferred
- Four years of working in analysis, data mining or as a business analyst strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong project management skills/capabilities and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and maintain detailed project plans and documentation.