Imagine you're a home improvement contractor in a potential customer's living room. You just pitched them a $25,000 home-improvement job. They really want to do it, but $25,000 is a lot of money. You explain that you can offer them affordable financing. You take their driver license, scan the bar code using an app, and 60 seconds later they are approved for the entire amount. They sign the contract. It's a win-win.
That is the power of GreenSky. We give merchants the power to close more deals. Faster. We keep businesses moving with a paperless process, fast approvals, and same-day financing.
"A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A billion dollars." - Sean Parker in The Social Network
In September, we raised an additional $50 million in funding from Fifth Third Bank. That funding gave us a valuation of $3.6 billion, which puts us in very rare company with other fin-tech unicorns like Stripe and SoFi. Last year alone, we facilitated ~$2 billion in loans and this year we will be close to $4 billion. Our goal is to reach $20 billion by 2020. We have 800+ employees across 4 offices and are growing... fast. That's where you come in.
"If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, you don't ask what seat. You just get on." - Eric Schmidt, former CEO of Google
We are looking for a world-class Business Development Consultant (BDC) to join our sales team. Our team is responsible for new merchant acquisition, which means your job is to go out and sell the benefits of the GreenSky platform to the top home improvement contracts in the US. You will be considered wildly successful if you can not only enroll new, high-value merchants, but also make sure they are generating loan volume.Duties & Responsibilities
Some of the perks of working at GreenSky:
- Flexible schedules
- Travel to tradeshows/networking events/recruiting events/etc/
- Aggressive base salary & uncapped commission
- Foosball table and old school Nintendo
- Get to work with an amazing team and the greatest VP of sales ever
- Constant ability to work directly with executive staff
- Upward mobility
Unfortunately, this role is only for the best of the best. Here are our requirements:
- BA/BS Degree
- 1-4 years successful sales experience
- You love metrics and data, but are also a sales beast
- Proven track record of sales success
- PS: it's ok to brag, this is sales! Bring some awards to your interview.
- Excellent communicator, but even better listener
- Problem solver (as opposed to a problem spotter)
- Strong closing skills
- com experience is a HUGE plus
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law